Chapter 196 - Desperate Girl [01]

Start from the beginning

Needless to say, just this mentality is completely different from before.

Just when Wen Ran was about to block this Weibo, a denunciation made the heat he had finally suppressed increase again.

The person who denounced him was a boy, for a girl who had committed suicide.

The girl's name was Zuo Ting. She was born in a small county town. Her parents were very patriarchal. 

It is said that when Zuo Ting's mother was pregnant, she asked people everywhere to find out whether she was having a boy or a girl. However, at that time, the hospital was strictly prohibited from telling her. 

Later, her mother went to the barefoot doctor who said it was a boy, so she kept the baby. As a result, she was born a girl. 

When they were choosing a name, they originally wanted to call her Zuo Zhaodi, but when they got her registered residence, they were criticized and educated. Zhaodi, this name is very patriarchal at first glance. 

At that time, they were implementing optimizing and nurturing children, you could only have one. They already had a daughter, and they couldn't have a second child, so they couldn't hope for her to have a younger brother. 

In the end, Zuo Ting's father casually wrote the character "婷" without any meaning or expectation, but simply because he couldn't think of any other characters at the time.

When Zuo Ting was three years old, her mother became pregnant again. She was pregnant, and even the dreams she had during pregnancy indicated that the child would be a boy. 

In order to have a son, her mother hid in her parents' home in the countryside and didn't come back until she finally gave birth to a fat boy as she wished, and she paid a fine for having too many children.

When they didn't have a son, the couple were already not good to Zuo Ting. A three-year-old child could already dress herself, wash her face and comb her hair, and even make some simple cooked food. 

With a younger brother, life was even more difficult. She had to wash diapers at a young age, and she had to help take care of her younger brother when her mother was busy. Any wayward crying and fussing of her younger brother was due to her failure to take care of him. Although she was not beaten, she was scolded.

Zuo Ting's biggest wish since childhood was to leave this home and this county. Even if she went to work as a female worker in a factory, it would be better than suffering from the patriarchal system all day long.

But it is not absolute to say that her parents were not good to her. At least they provided for her to go to school. Although it was not much, she still had one or two yuan of pocket money a week.

So Zuo Ting felt very conflicted. She hated her parents who favored boys over girls, but she couldn't completely let go of her parents.

Zuo Ting knew that the only way to get ahead was to study hard. She was afraid that one day, her parents would not allow her to continue studying because they had no money. 

So Zuo Ting had worked hard to become a top-student since she was a child. She always ranks first in competitions and exams, and she will always have a share of scholarships. Even since junior high school, she has secretly saved herself college tuition fees.

Finally, she graduated from high school, and just as she expected, her parents focused on educating her younger brother. 

His younger brother's grades were not good. In addition to asking her to give him tutoring lessons, he also had extracurricular training classes. One class cost 50 or 60 for a week.