Chapter 26

Rondel is an old city with a long and distinguished past. Most old cities look like this, and all sorts of races make their home here..." Rondel was founded around 3000 years ago, beginning as some sort of private academy. The dual-aspected God of Wisdom Elrantola - though still a Demigod at the time - had inspired the construction of the academy. Rondel's history was longer than the Empire's, which was a point of pride for its residents. Though the neighboring countries rose and fell in a never-ending cycle, its reputation as an enduring capital of wisdom stood the test of time.

Many sages and magicians gathered here, spending their days in study and research. At the same time, younger disciples who thirsted for knowledge came here from all over the world, studying diligently to achieve their goals.

The Sorcerous Empire has changed a lot in Rondel. The Sorcerous Empire has established a library, magic Academy, school, etc in Rondel. So that they can improve Special regions.

The interior of the city was made of sun-dried bricks, mortared together with plaster. The roof overhangs were made of a single, solid piece of material. The spaces between them were narrow enough that two people could stick their arms out of the windows on facing walls and link their hands. In addition, the buildings were so old that the originally-white exteriors were now dirtied to the point where one might think they had been charred. The plaster chipped off the walls, revealing the bricks within. In the past Sights like these could be seen all over the city. There were clear marks where masons had reapplied the plaster, and thus patches of different-looking colors everywhere on the walls. All of this made the run-down-looking portions of the wall that much more obvious.

The sorcerous empire reformed all this. They repaired all the buildings in the city.

Also, the roads of the city have been widened more than before. Sidewalks are constructed for pedestrians on the streets. Guards are also employed to control traffic problems. Lamp posts have also been installed on both sides of the road and the city has an improved sewage system. After the Sorcerous Empire took over Rondel, Rondel improve a lot

.....

Itami and his group stopped at the city gate.

The reason they came here was because Lelei wanted to earn a master title

A man in a white uniform approached their vehicle.

"May we know your identity?"

Itami took out his ID card and showed it to the man.

"I am a lieutenant in the JSDF"

"May I know why you are here?"

Then Lelei said

"I'm Lelei La Lalena. I'm here to meet Grand Master Mimoza La Mera of the Magic Academy. She's my former teacher."

"What Grand Master!?"