Longing

a/n: Eiii! Some sugar for us!

Don't forget to vote, na?

=======

When Vee was on his business trip, it made him realize that ten days were too long. They were on their third day when he felt deprived of Mark's presence.

"Nong Vee, you look like a zombie. Did you not have a good sleep last night?" One of his colleagues asked him.

"Phi Torch, what is good sleep when I'm not having my daily dose of Vitamin M?"

"M? Magnesium?"

Some of their colleagues laughed. "Mg is Magnesium. Ai'Torch, I think he was referring to his omega."

"Oh, do you have your soul bond? Tsk. Showoff bastard."

"Ohoo, you won't say that if you saw his omega. Look at his picture." One of Vee's colleagues showed Torch the photo of Mark. Vee was open and very vocal when it came to his current status with his soul bond. He wanted to draw a clear line among other omegas or pursuers that he's no longer available.

"He's hot." Torch commented.

Vee felt proud because Mark is also really handsome and attractive. Although he was feeling a bit possessive, he also wanted to boast about Mark.

"Now you know why Vee was looking like that. Imagine being away from that handsome and attractive man."

Torch nodded his head and understood the point.

On the fourth night being away with each other, Vee couldn't help but call Mark when the latter agreed.

"Phi, you look tired. Don't you have enough rest there?" Mark asked while they were having a video call.

"Our work here is actually light but I just couldn't sleep well." Vee was staring at his phone screen appreciating Mark's beauty.

"Drink some tea or milk."

"That doesn't help at all. How was your day?"

"We just finished our lab work but we were given another two and we're cramming on it. James and I decided to sleep over with our group."

Vee's ears perked up. "Who's going with you aside from James? Are they all alpha?"

"My other friends, you know them."

Felt relieved, Vee's overprotectiveness was at its peak especially when he's not around Mark.

He kept asking questions about the omega while staring at his phone screen. Mark noticed that it was him who's only talking.

"Why are you not talking about yourself?"

"I like listening to your voice. It makes me calm and I feel like I could listen to you all day."

"Phi, you look like you're sleepy. You should sleep now."

"Can you keep talking until I fall asleep? I really miss you now."

Mark smiled. "I'll drop the call when you're already asleep. What should I talk about?"

Just as he said, Mark kept on talking until Vee fell asleep. Like a lullaby, Mark's voice became the spell needed by the alpha to get some rest.

On the seventh day, Vee looked even worse.

"Nong Vee, are you...still okay?" Torch noticed again how bad Vee looks.

"I'm fine, phi. Just lacking some energy."

"I think you'll have your rut soon, nong." His supervisor said.