Declaration

A/N: Heeeelllooo! Thanks for waiting and reading this one. I am too slow now in writing unlike before (my avid readers know this) so please bear with me. I didn't plan to write many chapters for this but apparently, this one gained some good feedback. I dunno how far this will go but I hope you'll be with me.

P.S. If there are mistakes I would commit in omegaverse concept, let me know because I'm doing my best to also research about it although I have read plenty of manhwa/manga with the same concept.

---------------

Mark was spacing out for quite some time while he was with James and his other friends in the cafeteria.

"What happened to you?" James asked.

"James, is it possible for an alpha scent to linger on a beta?"

His friend raised an eyebrow. "Well, it is possible especially for omegas but for betas, it has a lower extent because it's mostly for subordination, you know, to obey the alphas. Why?"

"Does that mean I can become a puppet of an alpha?"

"Eii...that's impossible for you. You have a strong personality and tolerance. Even if you are surrounded by alphas, you just don't follow them because of that. Betas are neutral."

Mark tilted his head. "So, no alpha scent around me, huh." He said in a low tone but James still heard it.

"Wait a minute..." James sniffed for a while. "Ai'Mark, did you have sex?"

"Oiii!" Mark reacted while being flustered then he put his index finger on his lips trying to tell his friend to keep his mouth in control.

"What? You've met your girlfriend after a long time. It's possible...but that's weird. You are both beta so...why did I smell something different? Did you take a bath?"

Mark glared at his friend. "Stop talking nonsense."

"I'm serious. I could smell a faint alpha scent from you. O-M-G! Did you awaken as an alpha?"

James got a flying smack on his head coming from Mark's hand.

"I am a beta. I'm not a late bloomer. You're just probably smelling your own scent."

James caressed the back of his head that got hit. "How can I smell my own scent though? Maybe you are just too exposed to alphas but I haven't heard something like that. Or maybe you are really an alpha, that's the closest idea I could think of."

"Both are ridiculous ideas. Just finish your food now." Mark decided to shrug off the words of the doctor from their clinic after having that talk with James.

Mark's class finished at 7 in the evening due to his laboratory work. He received a message from Leyla asking him to have dinner together. He was about to send a reply while having a smile on his lips but he heard someone call his name. Then, a tingling feeling chimed inside his chest.

"Mark!"

He turned around and saw Vee standing handsomely in front of him.

"P'Vee?"

"Have you eaten dinner? If not, can we eat together?"

Mark clenched his hand on his phone. He doesn't want to be rude to Vee who has shown him kindness ever since but he was told to get away from the senior too.

His mind is conflicted. "Err...okay krub. Let me just send a message."

Vee nodded his head but as soon as Mark's attention was on his phone, Vee's eyes narrowed and the smile on his lips vanished. His guts were telling him that the person Mark was sending a message to was the latter's faen, Leyla.