Promise

a/n: This is quite long..lol.

Enjoy reading!

-----------

Meanwhile, in the hospital, Mark was about to finish his hand treatment when he felt dizzy and lightheaded.

The doctor that was stitching his cut suddenly stood up and covered his nose. He looked at Mark and asked, "Excuse me, are you...an omega?"

"Huh?" Mark was confused. He was feeling hotter than usual. He even asked himself if the air conditioning in the hospital had gone bad.

James, who just finished making a call, noticed the behavior of the doctor and other patients, and nurses in the emergency room. He looked at Mark, slowly walked towards his friend but eventually, he noticed something too.

"Sir, I'm asking if you are an omega? Your record says, you are a beta though." The doctor repeated.

"I'm a beta." Mark answered. He looked at James. "James, what's wrong?"

"Mark, you smell like an omega in heat right now."

"Huh?"

"Give the patient a suppressant and put him in the isolation room for a while. Run some tests too. I need beta staff here. Now!" The doctor instructed.

Mark was immediately given a suppressant and was moved to the isolation room. James was left dumbfounded.

"Are you his alpha?"

"Huh? No. I'm...not. I'm his best friend."

"Can you contact his parents or guardian?"

"I already did. Wait, doc, is it true that my friend is now an omega?"

"That is possible. You said he's a beta, is this the first time this has happened?"

"As far as I know, yes. But how?"

"That is also my question for now so I need to speak to his parents."

James was still in shock but he needed to wait for Mark's parents to assist them regarding Mark's case.

After some time, Mark's parents arrived and James told them everything. Together with Leyla, they let James join them while talking to the doctor because he could be someone that can look out for Mark.

"We are running another test to know Mark's second gender but, can you please be honest with me regarding the patient's birth?"

Mark's mother stuttered. "I...uhmm, Mark is not my blood son."

James and Leyla quietly hide their reaction at the back.

"Mark was my son to a male omega." Mark's father confessed.

"Was the patient aware?"

Both of them shook their heads.

"Well, this solves the mystery. Is the male omega a recessive one?" The doctor further implored.

"I...honestly don't know but he was a very timid omega."

This time, his wife shed a tear. "That person died when he gave birth to Mark."

The doctor didn't want to dig any further with the personal details. "Okay, that's more than enough Mr. and Mrs. Masa. So, in this case, if the omega who gave birth to Mark was a recessive omega, the possibility of him being a late bloomer is high. Although I am surprised he managed to live as a beta for a long time and be exposed to alphas without triggering his own omega hormones. What do you think might be the reason?"