"Sure. You're sleeping over with him, right?"

She nods. "Yep. So, you can bring anyone you please for the night at our apartment."

Charlie understood that she wanted to drop the subject of Stephen, so he just let it go. For now. He lets out a chuckle. "Anyone? Perfect timing. I'm going clubbing tonight."

Claire laughed. However, in the back of her mind, Stephen was there. Perhaps she wasn't doing a great job at keeping him there because she woke up in the middle of the night from the same nightmare.

Her heart was racing in her chest.

Josh woke up beside her.

She must've been screaming.

"Babe, everything okay?" His hand rubbed her back.

She put a hand over her pulsing heart. "I'm sorry. Just a nightmare."

"It's the dreams again?"

Claire nods. Josh knew about her dreams. She was relieved that he didn't think she was crazy.

"Come here, baby." Josh wrapped her in his arms, still rubbing her back. "Do you want me to sing you to sleep?"

It made her chuckle. "You're horrible at it."

"Hey, I've been practicing." He planted a soft kiss on her head and started singing.

Claire has forgotten about the nightmare completely and now she's laughing. Because Josh is a terrible singer. "I love you, but you need to stop."

"Make me," he says in a sing-song voice.

She pushes him at arm's length. She then put a hand over his mouth, but it still didn't stop him. "Stop it. You'll wake the neighbors with your terrible singing."

When he still didn't stop, she resorted to kissing him. Which worked perfectly.

He chuckled against her lips.

"You're lucky that your cute to counter that awful up singing." She pecked on his nose.

Josh wrapped an around her waist. "And don't forget about that Hello Kitty umbrella."

She giggled. "Oh, and that cute umbrella. I would've never agreed to grab coffee with you if it weren't for that umbrella."

He lay on his back, taking her with him because he still had his arm around her waist.

Claire rested her head on his chest and slithered her arm over his abdomen. "Do you think things would've gone differently if you used a regular umbrella that day?"

Josh thought for a moment. "I don't think so. I would've pursued you even if you said no that day."

Her heart fluttered. "Really? I must've looked hot in the rain."

He toyed with her hair. "You absolutely did."

She laughed and looked up at his face. "Seriously though, what made you want to share your umbrella with me?"

He meets her eyes. "I don't know. I just saw that beautiful woman in that gazebo, and I just knew she was the love of my life."

She broke into a big smile. She loves it when he tells the story of the day they met. To his family, to their friends, and to their colleagues. Somehow, she likes the story even more when it's just the two of them. No audience who'll say 'aw.' Just them.

"You know, something weird happened to me today."

His hand stopped toying with her hair for a second, then resumed. "How weird are talking about."

"Mind-boggling weird."

"Oh? I'm very interested now."

She lets out a chuckle. "I saw a guy today that really looked like Stephen. Like an exact replica."

"Stephen? The guy from your dreams? Did you talk to him?" He sounded so invested.

She shakes her head. "No. I just felt like running away from him."

"You didn't want to talk to him? Why not?"

Claire sighed. "I don't know. All I heard was that little alarm going off in my head." She wanted to be with Josh all of a sudden. Like he had to be with him to be in reality against

"What if you just talked to him? Maybe the nightmares will stop once you resolve some sort of unfinished business."

She glances at his face. "You really think so?"

"Yeah. I guess there's no harm, right? I just need one thing though."

Claire arched a questioning brow.

"Is he more good-looking than I am?"

She broke into a laugh. "Of course, not. You're the most gorgeous man ever to exist."

He grinned. "I am?"

"Absolutely. But don't let that get to your head."

Josh chuckled, giving her forehead a soft kiss. "I love you."

She smiled. "I love you too."

Claire fell asleep in his arms. No nightmares. Not even dream about Stephen. She was safe. So long as she was with Josh.

I hope you're enjoying the book!