~Together~

Bonus chapter 4/4!!! Let's gooo!!!

**TW again, there is some overthinking, but it's a lot tamer than in the last few chapters

~ * ~

Rui looked at his neck, making sure he'd covered all the dark spots with his makeup.

They'd turned out a lot darker than he thought they would. Maybe it was just because of how pale his skin was, or maybe Tsukasa had been more aggressive... Was aggressive even the right word...? Er, passionate-? Mm, that didn't seem quite right either...

He'd been... very into it, and got a little, er... a bit carried away before Saki walked in on them.

And not that Rui hadn't enjoyed it, but the soreness in his neck was more obvious than when he'd gone to bed the night before.

A soft knock on the bathroom door made Rui jump, pulling him from his thoughts as he stared at its reflection in the mirror.

"Hurry up, or I'm walking to school without you," Nene called through the door.

"Awww, c'mon, Nene. You wouldn't leave me, would you?" Rui teased with a grin while he closed everything and shoved it aside on the counter.

The other side of the door was quiet for a moment, then he heard Nene walking away.

"Bye."

"Noo, Nene! Wait!" Rui called dramatically.

He opened the door and peeked out, finding Nene standing at the end of the hall near the front door with her hands on her hips.

"Two minutes."

Rui grinned, then flicked the bathroom light off and headed back into his workshop. He fixed up his tie a little then pulled his cardigan on. He grabbed his bag and pulled it over his shoulder, then stuffed his phone in his pocket.

After checking to make sure he had everything, he stepped out and slipped his shoes on, then turned to Nene with a cheeky grin. She rolled her eyes at him and turned to the front door.

"C'mon, hurry up," she grumbled.

"Alright, alright... Bye, Mom. I'm heading out!" Rui called.

"Bye, Rui! Bye, Nene! Make sure you eat the lunch I made for you and not just the candy in your bag!" His mom called from the kitchen.

Rui chuckled, then opened the door and stepped out.

"Bye, Mom," Nene called in a quieter voice, then followed Rui out of the house and shut the door behind her.

They headed off down the street towards the school at a leisurely pace.

They had plenty of time before classes started, and they lived close enough to Kamiyama that there was no need to rush.

"So..."

He glanced down at his friend, her gaze ahead of them.

"Did you two end up working it out?" Nene asked.

"Mhm!" Rui hummed.

"You actually made up...? You didn't just... I dunno, not talk to each other or whatever?"

"Well, I was over there for about, uhh... a little less than four hours, I believe?"

"You spent four hours making up...?"

"Oh, no, of course not. We did our homework, and worked on Tsukasa's idea. Then we talked things over for a little bit, and... well, we ended up taking a nap together!"