~Denial or love?~

Tsukasa let out a shaky sigh as he dropped a bag of chocolates in his basket.

His mind never really strayed far from the kiss between him and Rui. From that moment where it was just them, and there was no need to worry about anything else.

How, despite the craziness and suddenness of it all, it was calm.

Like the calm before a storm.

His eyes trailed to the list Saki had sent, mumbling to himself as he adjusted the basket over his arm.

He was about to leave the candy aisle when a blue bag caught his eye. He glanced at it, cheeks growing warm as he read the label.

Of course, the bag of soda candies caught his attention.

He didn't eat soda candies very often. Only on rare occasions. And he often went for flavors like cherry, or even strawberry or orange if he was feeling like it.

Not that he ate candy often. He did have to eat healthy so he could be the best star possible!

Tsukasa jumped, eyes widening. He'd spent too long overthinking this. He grabbed the bag, sticking it in the basket.

He turned to leave, but stopped again. He blinked, then reached out and grabbed a second bag.

It was a back up. Just in case. In case of... In case he ran out! Yeah...

He shook it off, looking at his phone again.

Right, Saki needed this as soon as possible!

With a quiet huff, Tsukasa left the candy aisle, moving on.

~ * ~

"I'm home!"

Honami glanced back from the couch, her eyes lighting up.

Saki jumped up from her seat, tackling Tsukasa with a hug.

"Thanks, big brother!"

"Mhm."

Tsukasa handed the bags over, his own bumping against his leg.

"Oh? What'd you get yourself?"

"Just a little something. For... research purposes."

Saki frowned, tilting her head.

"Research? For school?"

"Uh... yeah! I, uh... I gotta get to work, haha!"

He noticed Saki's frown grow as he slipped past her, moving for the stairs to his room.

"Well, don't work too hard. Dinner'll be done soon!"

He nodded, slipping up into his room. With a sigh, he dropped the bags at his desk, sinking into his chair and resting his head on the cool surface.

His eyes landed on the candy bags as he touched his lips again, a small smile growing.

He'd never admit it out loud, but... he really enjoyed that kiss.

The second one. The second one? Ah!

His eyes widened.

Did that mean every time their lips had touched was a kiss? That had been...

"... when he fixed my makeup, when I asked him to, when Nene interrupted us, and before he left..." He counted.

... Four kisses. Four kisses in the span of a few hours. Three of them in... less than five minutes? That was just a rough estimate, though. He didn't know for sure.