Chapter 16: Complications

After the dinner, you all got back to the hotel, with you and Paru shunning the guys in favor of a girls night. Changing into your pajamas, you settled on the bed, ready with face masks and snacks. 

"Should I invite Padhu and the others?" you asked. 

Paru nodded. "Sure, it might get a bit boring with just the two of us." You quickly called them over, and they arrived soon. 

"Satya's already sleeping, so we didn't bring her along," Lakshmi said as she closed the door behind her. 

"Ahh I see, that's okay," you said. They sat on the bed as well. 

"You did really well today!" Paru told Padhu, who thanked her sincerely. 

"I really didn't, but I wasn't too interested in the competition anyways," she said. 

"Oh please," you started. "You only had a month to prepare, and you've done way better than I would've done," you said. "Anyways, how did it go with Srinu?" 

Padhu blushed, looking down. "We talked for a bit, and finally smoothed things out." She paused. "And I told him to marry me." You all squealed, teasing her. 

"What did he say?" Lakshmi asked. 

"What else will he say? He better have said yes," you said. Padhu nodded in confirmation.

"And what about you?" She turned to Paru. "What was all that about Abhi, hmm?" She playfully nudged Paru, who also looked slightly embarrassed.

"It's nothing, we're just good friends since he helped me with the competition," she replied, as the rest of you were unconvinced. 

"Mhm." You looked at Lakshmi. "So what's with you madame? Any of the guys catch your eye? Maybe someone with curly hair and a strong Telangana accent...?" You hinted mischievously. She just pushed you, making all of you laugh. 

"You're one to talk, acting like you're all innocent. Don't think I didn't notice you and Rakesh," Lakshmi said. Damn. She caught you there.

Paru turned you to look at her. "Really? What else happened?"

Lakshmi grinned. "He was feeding her at lunch, all cute and concerned, and then during the competition, he couldn't stop looking at her in a saree." You covered your face, hiding as all of them teased you. 

"I'm not surprised, he's liked you since you came," Paru was saying.

Padhu added on. "And they look so good together, such a cute couple."

"Oh stop it guys," you said, pouting.

You all continued to spill tea and spent the night laughing while chatting, doing skin care, and eating all of the snacks you brought until your stomachs felt like they would burst. It was late, so all of you slept in your room after being awake till 3:00 am. 

---

"y/n? Paru? Are you guys awake?" Someone was knocking on your door, waking you up. Groggily walking to the door, you opened it, seeing Ajay and Nagi. 

"What?" you said, yawning. 

"We're going to leave in about four hours, what are you guys still doing?"

"We're tired, go away." Paru threw a pillow at their faces before you shut the door in their face, walking back to the bed, where Lakshmi and Padhu were still sleeping soundly. One of their phones rang, showing Nagaraj's contact. You picked up the phone, letting them sleep. 

"Hello?"

"Hello - wait, y/n? Are Lakshmi and Padhu still with you?" You hummed in confirmation. "Can you wake them up, we have to leave soon."