Chapter 9: Sleepover

A couple of weeks passed since the wedding. Everything was mostly peaceful, with B-phase people just avoiding Gold-phase altogether. You also got closer to Lakshmi, who started to work as a receptionist at the office. Although she was pretty quiet at first, she opened up a lot more as you two spent more time together. The two of you hung out a lot whenever you visited the office. 

Ajay invited you and Paru over to his house for a small sleepover (you suspected that Rakesh and Suresh had insisted). The two of you went to his house around 7 PM, with your bags packed. He had a couple of extra rooms, so the two of you would sleep separately from the boys (you packed pepper spray and one of those room locks just in case though). Dressed in day clothes, the Paru rang the doorbell. 

Suresh opened the door. "Paru! You're finally here!" He pulled her inside, grabbing her bags and practically ignoring you. You paid him no heed and walked in yourself, carrying your overnight bag. 

"Hey y/n, give that to me," Rakesh came up to you. 

"Nah, it's fine." You didn't want anyone to go through it, in case they had bad intentions. You trusted Rakesh, but you'd never been to a sleepover before with any boys who weren't related to you, so you didn't want to take any chances. He tried to insist, but eventually let it go, seeing how stubborn you were. You placed your bag in your room, and you and Paru changed into your pajamas. The two of you were wearing matching silk button downs, which looked luxurious but also were super comfy, and headed downstairs. 

"Hey guys, do you want a drink?" Suresh offered Paru some alcohol, which she accepted, but you declined.

"Do you not drink y/n?" Ajay asked you. 

"No, I never have, and after taking care of my hungover friends at 3 in the morning, I don't think I really want to," you answered. 

"Fair enough," Ajay replied. 

You guys ate dinner (poor Paru was still dieting and had to stick to a salad, so you ate a little less to make her feel a little better). You all watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 in Ajay's theatre. 

"Not my daughter, you bitch!" You said along with Molly Weasley, silently cheering as she killed Bellatrix. Rakesh watched you, amused at your enthusiasm. 

"You like Harry Potter?" He asked.

"Like? I love Harry Potter. It practically made up my entire childhood and got me into reading," you explained, your eyes not leaving the screen. "You know, I went to Harry Potter World in Universal Studios, and it was so fun!"

"We should go together once," Rakesh said.

"Yeah, for sure! That would be so fun, all of us going on rides," you said, not getting his hint. The movie ended, with you cheering as Voldemort died. 

The group moved into the living room, where you and Paru shared a loveseat and the three guys sat on the adjacent sofa.

"You know, Sravanthi aunty's daughter got a boyfriend," Paru was saying to you. 

"Wait what? Do her parents know?" you asked. 

"Of course not! But get this, her boyfriend is Yadav!"

Your eyes widened. "No fucking way! Isn't that Bella's old boyfriend, the one who she said was too controlling?"

"Yeah!"

"Nooo, she could've chosen so much better. Kavya is so pretty and sweet," you lamented. 

"I know, she's literally gorgeous and he looks like he got ran over a bus. Twice," Paru said.