Chapter 7: Lovebirds

You hadn't talked to any of the guys since the whole fight in B-phase. Rakesh tried to come and talk to you, but you kept ignoring him, not able to digest what he said. You kept telling Paru that Suresh was not a good guy for her, and that she should drop him asap.

"I'm serious, he completely ignores what you have to say, and is so patronizing. Moreover, he catcalled Srinu's sister just to make a point. You should just break up," you were saying.

"I know he's not the best, but I felt bad to reject him when he asked me out, so I just said yes. I'll break up with him soon," she said. Paru's phone rang, and she picked it up.

"Hello? What? Okay, we're coming, bye" she said, quickly ending the call and jumping up. 

"Sony ran away to be with her boyfriend from B-phase, Rakesh and his friends have called the police and are going to go get her," Paru explained.

The two of you quickly drove to Srinu's house, where Sony was. Rakesh was making a huge ruckus in the front, accusing them of kidnapping Sony and trapping her.

Soon Sony came out. "I came here willingly with Ashok, so there is no need of your presence here," she clarified to Rakesh, who was clearly distressed. 

"Hey, what do you mean willingly? So shameless. You couldn't find anyone else in the world, only these B-phase dogs!" He pointed towards her boyfriend, Ashok, and the rest of their gang, who were watching from the roof. "You didn't think about our family? What's our status!"

"Rakesh, this is my personal matter. Go outside and yell," Sony said firmly. Ouch, you thought. You felt bad for Rakesh, understanding the pain he was probably going through. 

"Personal? You're my sister! Come on, let's go home. Let's talk at home," Rakesh reasoned, being pushed back by policemen and his friends. "Let go off me! Sony, let's go, please!" 

Suresh and Ajay held him back, pulling him back towards the car. "How could you do this to us Sony, how could you do this to our family," Rakesh was yelling. 

You looked at Sony. "This isn't right, Sony," you said, turning away and going to Rakesh. You had nothing against her love, but running away wasn't the right thing to do. She was still so young, and could've waited to finish her studies before running away. 

"Rakesh, it's okay. Let's go home," you told him. Seeing you, he softened a bit, wrestling his arms away from the people holding him. 

He looked up at the B-phase people watching. "Rascals! I won't spare a single one of you!" You grabbed his hand, pulling him towards the car. 

Still fuming, he got in after you, pulling the car door shut. You said nothing, not wanting to incite him further, and just held his hand, lightly rubbing your thumb on the back of his hand.

Once you reached his house, you went upstairs, and the two of you sat on his bed. He stayed quiet for a while, just sulking, before speaking. "That's my sister, I can't believe she'd do something like this."

"I know Rakesh, none of us expected this." You sympathized with him. 

"I mean, there are so many good guys here. If not in Gold-phase, I would've found the best man for her, but she had to go and run away with that stupid guy." Rakesh continued to rant, while you occasionally added your agreement. It soon became late, and the two of you had yet to eat dinner. Rakesh was too upset to eat, so you decided to go and bring him food. 

You brought a tray of food into his room with two plates for the both of you, placing it on his bed. "Please Rakesh, eat something. You'll get indigestion if you stay mad without eating," you said. He shook his head no, turning away from the tray. Sighing, you went to the washroom and washed your hands. 

Picking up his plate, you mixed some rice and dahl with your hand. "Say ahh." Rakesh looked at you, shocked. A bit embarrassed, your hands lowered a bit. "Sorry, should I get a spoon, I mean I did wash my hands, but if you prefer to eat with a spoon-" He took a bite from your hand wordlessly, surprising you. 

"Add some ghee," he said grudgingly. You smiled and complied, feeding him until his food was done. 

"Are you still hungry?" 

"No. You eat," he said, his eyes falling on your uneaten food. He grabbed the plate and handed it to you, taking the other one from your hands and ordering a maid to come take it. You washed your hands quickly and ate, while Rakesh put on a movie to distract his mind. You finished eating and gave company to him until the movie was over, and then got up to leave. 

"Can you stay?" Rakesh asked. 

"I've already stayed a bit later, I don't want Paru's dad to get mad. I'll come by tomorrow," you promised. "And don't worry about Sony. At the end of the day, it's ultimately her choice, and as long as she's happy, we should be happy. If she feels that she's unhappy, I'm sure she'll come back," you said, reassuring him. 

Rakesh got up and gave you a hug, which you hesitantly returned. "Thank you y/n." He let go of you, grabbing your hand. "Come, I'll see you off." He led you downstairs and waited until you got in the car and were driven away, watching as you left.