Short Film - THE HACKER MIND

LOCATION: DAEDRICCITY: SECTOR SR500

DATE: 05-08-2309

TIME: 2100

SUSPECT: UNSUB KNOWN AS "HACKER MIND" CONSIDERED EXTREMELY LEATHAL. USE CAUTION WHEN MAKE ARREST.

Officer Blake Bane nervously lit a cigarette and read the information on his police car's holo-terminal once again.

One other officer, bellow Blake in rank, waited shyly outside the car.

Blake came out of the car holding his military issued submachine gun. "Bring out the big guns." He said as he gulped in. "The man known as Hacker Mind's been zeroed in on this location."

The eyes of officer Ryu went wide. "Shouldn't we wait for backup?" he asked.

Blake shook his head. "As we speak Hacker Mind is breaking past the multiple firewalls setup to protect the DaedricCity's Mainframe." His head fell. "HQ's sending reinforcements, but time is critical. Unfortunately it will take them seventeen minutes to get here. Within ten minutes Hacker Mind will be past all eight firewall barriers. Once he does that he'll have control of the mainframe..."

"Would he be crazy enough to cut off the power to the dome?!" exclaimed Ryu.

Just then another cop car pulled up. However, It wasn't the standard issue cop car though. It was a civilian vehicle with cop markings on it. The engine stopped and the door opened. Coming out of the driver's side was beautiful woman in a dark trench coat wearing a matching fedora. Her attire almost made her look like a gunslinger from the ancient west.

Blake recognized her right away even though he had only heard stories. She dressed in ancient clothing and used equally ancient technology. But there seemed to be a method to her madness and she always caught the bad guys.

"Detective" Blake said in greeting. "I'm glad to see you can join us."

The woman looked past the two officers directly to the abandoned warehouse near the edge of the shore line. "Doesn't look good" she said with concern.

"Why do you say that?" Asked Blake. "It's just an abandoned robot facil..." Before Blake finished his sentence he realized what the detective was getting at. The Hacker Mind probably had a small army of robots ready to attack waiting just within those walls.

Ryu looked at the detective. "Excuse me for asking, but are you the detective Elodie Jones?"

She didn't look back at Ryu. "Yes" she responded plainly. She cared neither for praise or criticism for her work. She only wanted to do her job.

Elodie walked back to her car. "Your names?"

"Blake"

"Ryu"

She looked at them both. "Okay then. Ryu and Blake you guys get in your cop car. We're going to drive both cars into the west wall of the robot factory."

Blake raised his hands in a firm stop motion. "Wait we're going to what?!"

Elodie looked at Blake coldly. "Get in your car and follow my orders." She had little time to waste. She had less time to be polite.

The word 'orders' stung both Ryu and Blake, but Blake especially. He became stiff and obedient. "Yes sir" he said sharply.

_____

Both the cars raced down the road towards the old robotics factory. The large glass windows to the show room were thick. However, the force of two vehicles traveling at unsafe velocities toward them had a 90% chance of breaking through.