Goodbye Father

Começar do início

Jungkook, on the other hand, seemed calm and lost in the music, creating a noticeable contrast between the two. Na-Rae stole a few glances at him but his eyes were closed in peace. She was grateful he came along, especially since the boys had been avoiding the topic of her father the last few months. So-Yeon talked with the older members about their father, why she left Jungkook out of this was a big question for her but she wasn't upset about this. He had become her search buddy and he was always there to help when she needed it.

Nervousness painted her actions, evident in her constant fidgeting. She thought about her sister's decision not to find their father, a choice that confused Na-Rae. She wanted to meet him badly. So-Yeon instead already knew him, at least during the early years of her life. Despite warnings from her mom and others, painting him as a bad person, Na-Rae couldn't accept that idea. How could her father be bad when she, her sister, and her mom were good people?

The warnings only fueled Na-Rae's curiosity. Having guardians like her sister and Si-Hyuk was nice, but it wasn't the same as having a real parent. She missed the love that only a parent could give, and the search for her father became a desperate attempt to fill that emotional gap.

As the train sped on, Na-Rae couldn't shake off her thoughts. Meeting her father felt like stepping into the unknown. Questions flooded her mind – Does she look like him? Did he know about her? Why didn't he search for her, her mom, or her sister? Why did he leave them? The closer she got, the more worried she became. The reality might not match the hopeful picture she painted when she first started searching for him. 

There was no turning back now. She had finally found him and was ready to talk, to ask him questions, to confront him about her existence. Finally, she could give him the hug she had always wanted to give and greet him as the father she had always longed for. No matter the obstacles she went through, it was time!

°°°

Standing in front of the garage shop in Suwon, a mix of emotions washed over Na-Rae's body, causing her hands to tremble. Jungkook, standing beside her, wore a guarded and suspicious expression.

"Nana, are you sure you want to do this?" Jungkook had learned something about Na-Rae's father that she didn't know. He found out while talking to Taehyung. But Taehyung warned him not to look into it and to stay away from people like him. Jungkook wanted to tell Na-Rae, but he didn't want to hurt her. So, he decided to help her anyway but was a bit worried about what would happen if she found out the truth. Though it was better to face reality than to spend years searching for a father who didn't want to be found.

As she stood there, uncertain about whether to proceed or not, she whispered, "I don't know," while shaking her head slightly. After a moment of contemplation, she seemed to make up her mind. "No, we are going in. We have come this far, let's go." 

Determined to move forward, she stepped towards the shop door and gave it a gentle push. As she did so, a small bell chimed above her head, announcing her entrance. The sound echoed through the quiet store, giving her a slight start, but she quickly regained her composure. She was ready to meet him after all the searching.

As Na-Rae and Jungkook arrived at the front desk, a woman in a white shirt with a V-neck and ruffled trim greeted them professionally. Her black skirt was neatly tucked in, and she wore killer heels that accentuated her every step. Na-Rae was momentarily taken aback by the woman's polished appearance, which seemed unusual for the setting. It sparked a moment of bias on Na-Rae's part, as she wondered why she had expected people in overalls covered in oil. 

Realizing her thoughts were unfounded, Na-Rae cleared her head and politely asked, "Excuse me, um... Do you know if Dae-Hyun works here? I didn't have an appointment, but I really want to talk to him."