Chapter 14

Asher walked into ICU room were Anadia was kept. She was laying in front of him. Her head bandaged.Her face was pale no hint of color on her face.Oxygen mask on her face helping her breath.

     He walked towards her and sat beside the bed on the stool taking her hand in his he brokdown. Tears falling from his eyes "Aani..pleas uth jao" He spoke but there was no reply "I really need you" he spoke again.

     "Please... Meri jaan uth jao na. I can't loose you. I dint know what I will do without you.  I really need you. We have lost our baby before we could even know him , I don't want to loose you... Please.... Wake up Aani" He spoke but she was not replying to him.

    He felt alone,lonely without her. He sat their looking at her waiting for her to wake. When nurse came and asked him to go out he didn't budge from his place. He looked at her without blinking

     "sir please you need to go out" nurse said but he didn't listen. That's when his brother came in and pulled him out."Doctor needs to meet you"Danish told him bring him out of trance "Abbu aur Ahmed uncle ghar chale gaye hai zaroon ke sath. Daniyal bhai niche lounge mai hai kuch bills pay kar rahe hai main unke sath lounge main hu tum Dr.  se bath karnar niche ajana"

    "Nahi main Dr. se baat karke yahi par wait karunga app log ghar chale jaye bohot late ho raha hai" Asher spoke "Asher tum dr. se mil aao fir hum baat karte hai okk"
Danish said while Asher nodded and walked away too meet doctor.

                       __________

   Asher walked in the Dotor's cabin "Mr. Khan please have a seat" Doctor spoke. Asher walked forward and sat upfront of him "Is she I'll Dr is there any problem" Asher asked.

    "Mrs. Khan is stable right now. But as I said earlier we need her to wake up the hit on head was brutal which can cause many consequences." Dr spoke "when will she wake up" Asher asked "we can't tell for now. For next 48 hours we need to monitor her" Doctor spoke "and what if she doesn't wake up in next 48 hours" Asher asked "she can go in coma and we won't be able to tell when she will wake up" Doctor spoke.

     Asher world stopped spinning. He didn't know what to speak what to do.  He had already lost his unborn child and his wife was laying on hospital bed. He didn't know what to do. He was totally broken. He walked out of the Dr. Cabin and walked towards the waiting lounge where his and her brother were waiting.

     He needed to tell them what doctor said.  He need to gather himself up for her. He walked inside the waiting lounge and sat down beside her brother and told them everything.

    Her brother teared up after listening to him finally breaking down hearing his sister's condition That night they sat there grieving for last time and then next day they were gonna gather themselves up.

                    __________

    After Ahmed and Umair went home that night they told both families what had happened. About Anadia's  surgery and her misscarriage.

    The Accident was caused because of truck whose break failed and had caused many accident on highway.

    That night both families had been awake waiting for her to wake up and crying in front of Allah asking him to keep her safe.

                    ___________

      48 hours passed but she didn't wake up. Doctor had told them she was in coma as her brain has went through traumatic experience. She was responding to treatment and was stable.

      Her grandparents had contacted best Doctors in India for Anadia and now she was under treatment one of the best neurosurgeon RUDRANSH SINGH RATHORE

                    _____________

          It had been 3 months Anadia was in coma. After a week in hospital she was moved in VIP ward of Hospital. Asher stayed by her side. He was fulltime staying in hospital. 

     Sleeping on the couch and working from hospital. Their family visited her everyday. Her father would read her books sitting by her side. They would speak to her about their days. But she never responded.

     Daniyal and zaroon also worked from hospital not wanting to leave their sister in the hospital. Hayat and Sara alone with Hamna would bring them their lunch and dinner. It had become their new normal.

      Asher didn't talk much with anyone. He would do his work in day and as night he would sit by her side talking to her asking her to wake up.

                        ___________

     Another 3 months went by bit nothing changed. Asher and Anadia's 1st anniversary was week ago. Both family had came to hospital to wish her and then had left Asher alone with her.

    For last month he had started opening up more to his family would talk to them when they visited but he didn't leave her side. Everyday he would cry upfront of his Allah begging him to wake her up.

      Haya's graduation was completed and haya and zaroon wedding date was near but couple had refused to marry before Anadia woke up.

                 ____________

      Another month passed but she didn't wake up.  Asher started going out of hospital after being forced by his father and father in law. But he would only go to office and work and then would be back to Hospital.

     It was sunday and Asher was in alone with Anadia when she responded for first time in 7months. He was talking to her with her hand in his when she moved.

   He had called the doctor immediately. Dr had told him her brain is starting to response and she can wake anytime now. For the first time in months he felt relief. Dr had asked him to talk more to her her brain had started processing thing and now she can listen to them and can help her to recover

    He had called his Mother told her news. For Next two everyone visited  hospital on routine talking to her telling her stories asking her to wake up. And finally after  8 months she opened her eyes.

                     __________