Chapter 22: Happy Birthday Vic (Part 1)~

(2 Months Later~)

Everything has changed a lot lately. Mom hasn't had to work as much as she usually does, which is a good thing, but it sucks cause Vic and I can't have time alone together.

Tonight is Vic's birthday, so we're going out to celebrate. After getting dressed and ready, we got in the car and drove down to some fancy restaurant I'm not familiar with.

When we got there, Vic killed the engine and we got out. We walked inside and the hostess smiled at us and said "Hello guys, how many?"

My mom smiled and said "Three please."

She nodded and said "Alright, would you like a table or booth?"

"A table is fine."

She grabbed three menus and said "Alright, follow me please." We followed her until she stopped at an empty She smiled and asked "Will this be okay for you guys?"

We nodded and she said "Alright, awesome, your waiter will be right with you."

I sat down in my seat at the table, while Vic pulled out a chair for my mom, and she sat down. Then he pulled his chair next to her out, and sat down.

Vic said "Thank you" before she walked off. We sat in awkward silence for a few minutes, before our waiter showed up.

"Hello folks, my name is Ryan I will be your waiter this evening, what would you like to drink?"

Vic and my mom gave their drinks, then I told him I just wanted ice water. After we gave our orders to Ryan, we started talking about things.

Soon I started noticing my mom was being a little extra flirty with Vic..He was looking at me awkwardly, but trying to be nice about it.

"So honey..How's work going?"

He shrugged and said "Fine I guess...Jaime's been acting a little weird lately...Probably just nothing." She nodded and asked "Well, are you happy it's your birthday?"

He nodded and said "Yeah, I'm happy..I'm so happy I'm one year closer to dying." Chuckling at the last part. I frowned a little, cause I don't like the idea of Vic dying...No, no, get it out of your head right now, Kellin.

When our food came, we thanked the waiter, and started eating. After about ten minutes of silence, mom spoke up.

"Well I hope you'll still be happy once we get home...Because I have a very special present for you later on tonight, honey."

Great....Now I'll get to hear noises coming from their room, tonight..Thanks for ruining my good mood, mom. Vic looked at me with an 'I'm sorry' look, and I just shrugged.

Mom noticed and looked between the two of us. "Is everything alright, sweetie?" I looked up and said "Yeah, I'm fine...I'm not that hungry anymore." I pushed my plate away a little and said "I'm gonna use the bathroom."

They nodded and Vic gave me that look again. I walked until I found a waiter and asked "Excuse me, can you tell me where the bathroom is?"

He nodded and said "Oh sure, just keep heading straight past me, and hang a right, and you're there."

I nodded and said "Okay, thank you." And walked off. When I got to the Men's room, I opened the door and saw it was a big bathroom, with about eight small stalls, and two big stalls. Thankfully no one was there, so I could be alone.

I looked in the mirror and sighed..Why am I getting so worked up about it? They're married, the should have some private time...Even though Vic and I are together. I just wished my mom had to work tonight, because I had a present for Vic...And not just me.

I had recorded a couple videos for Vic..When he told me that he loved me and said that he couldn't promise things wouldn't be broken, it got stuck in my head, and I got insured to write a little song about it..I don't know what to call it yet....And let's just say the other video is for.....Mature audiences.

I recorded the videos on my phone, and I'm gonna text it to him. After a couple minutes, I sighed and said "Relax Kellin..They'll just do their thing tonight, then she'll be working tomorrow." And walked out.

When I got back to the table, my mom stood up and said "Kellin I'm sorry...My boss just called me and I have to go in for a few hours...I was really hoping I could stay home tonight and relax."

Even though I'm jumping up and down in total excitement on the inside, I made myself look sad and said "It's okay..I'll look after Vic to make sure he isn't misbehaving."

She laughed and Vic rolled his eyes. "Smart ass. Come on, let's get home so your mom can get changed." Vic paid the bill, and when we got back in the car, we drove straight home.