Chapter 18: Vic To The Rescue~

Halfway through my next class, I asked if I could be excused to my bathroom, and when I got there, I gripped one of the sinks for support. My body was aching from the beat down, and I didn't wanna stay here for the rest of the day.

I took a few deep, shaky breaths, before pulling my phone out of my pocket. My hands were shaking as I dialed Vic's number.

I put the phone up to my ear and 3 rings later, he picked up.

"Hey Kellin what's up? Why are you calling me, aren't you at school?"

I swallowed and said "Y-Yeah, I-I'm at school.."

"Baby, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

I closed my eyes and said "No...I-I got beat up by some bullies..I-I'm in the bathroom right now, a-and...And I wanna go home..C-Can you come pick me up? Are you working?"

"No, no, I just got out of Wal-Mart, I did some grocery shopping, I'll be there soon okay?"

I nodded as if he was there and I felt a tear roll down my cheek, and I said "Okay..Okay, I'll wait inside the office for you."

"Okay...Be careful baby, okay? I'll be right there, and I'll check you out."

"Okay..Bye baby, see you in a little bit."

"See ya, beautiful. Bye." And I hung up.

I put my phone back in my pocket, and I sighed. I walked out of the bathroom, and started walking to the office. As I walked, I saw Max and Ronnie, picking on some kid, and Max looked over at me and said "Dude Ronnie, look who's here."

Ronnie looked at me, and the kid scurried away. That's when I started running, and they started chasing after me. But I was in more shape than they were, so I was faster, and I made it to the office before they could grab me.

The secretary looked at me and asked "Can I help you with something, sweetheart?" She was a black woman who had to be in her early thirties, and her name was Sherri. She's a nice lady.

I nodded and said "Yes um, my step dad is coming to pick me up and I told him I'd wait here."

Sherri nodded and said "Alright, just have a seat until he gets here, honey...Can I ask you something?"

I swallowed and asked "Sure um...What is it?"

"Who beat you up, sweetie?"

I chewed on my bottom lip nervously and said "Uh umm...R-Ronnie Radke and Max Green.."

She rolled her eyes and said "Damn those boys..Pardon my French honey, but those boys ain't no good..They always come in, looking like they were born in Oklahoma City, always high and red eyed all the time...Now I'll get those little drug rats in here, but I won't make you sit there while the Principal does his half hour sermons, you can go home."

I smiled a little and said "Thank you."

She smiled and said "Anytime sugar, you're a sweet boy, you don't deserve to be treated that way...Those boys lucky they're at school, or I'd beat them with my Bible Belt, lord Jesus help me."

I laughed and I sat down in one of the chairs. She pushed the button on the intercom and said "Max Green and Ronnie Radke to the office, Max Green and Ronnie Radke to the office, and you better hurry up."

After a couple minutes, I looked over at the front door and saw Vic hurry into the building. He opened the door and all the color drained from his face, when he saw the bruises.

"Good God Kellin, what did they do to you?"

I looked down and said "It's alright..I'm used to it now."

"No no, don't you say that to me..I swear if I get my hands on those two, they better hope they can run faster than my car."

"Honey, I think I might just beat you too it." Sherri said, poking her head up from her desk. I laughed, and the door opened again. We looked over and we watched as Max and Ronnie walked in.

Max's long dyed black hair was how it usually was, stringy, and faded, and his roots were an off orange color, and Ronnie was acting all tough, trying to be intimidating, when he was about as threatening as a Pug.

I feel bad for them sometimes, but they're inseparable..They're adjoined at the hip, and whenever someone fucks with Max, Ronnie goes overboard and has nearly beaten people half to death...I've got this theory that he's in love with Max, or that they're already a couple.

Max smiled at me and said "Hey there, faggot, who's this? Your boyfriend? Hmm, is this guy your little butt buddy, huh?"

Vic stood in between him and I and said "Actually, I'm his step dad. Now I don't know who you are, who you think you are, and I don't care to know what you are, but leave him alone."

Max scoffed and asked "Or what? You're gonna spank me? Put me in the corner for five minutes?"

"Man, you best shut the hell up, before I exorcise yo ass with the power of Jesus, now leave them alone, and get yo tweakin' asses to the Principals office!"

They rolled their eyes and Max said "Whatever..Come on Ronnie, let's go before Daddy here takes our toys away." Ronnie laughed and they walked towards the Principal's office.

Vic shook his head and said "Little punks, trying to be all tough and shit..Come on Kells, let's get you home and get those bruises taken care of."