Just A Secretary, Workplace AU PT 11

Start from the beginning

"Yeah I can put a down payment on it let me get my card" You blink back the tears as you pat yourself down feeling for your bag. Shit, you probably forgot it in his car. You feel your bottom lip quivering as you turn to look at Miguel. Fuck You really really don't want him to see you like this.

"M-My bag it's in-"

"I know let me get it for you" You slowly nod your head you're quick to wipe your tears as you watch him walk out the door. The doctor gives you a gentle pat on your back as they walk out as well. You sit and wait for Miguel as you stare at the ticking clock. Your anxiety is slowly taking over your body, your feet are bouncing up and down, your palms are getting sweaty, and everything is just a mess right now.

Finally, after what feels like forever, Miguel comes back with your bag in his hands. It took him about 10 minutes. How long does it take to retrieve a bag from a car? You mutter a thank you to him as you walk out the door making your way to the front desk.

You give the clerk your name and your sister's name and they look at you confusingly.

"Ma'am your bill has already been paid" Great so now this woman doesn't know what she's doing.

"No, it hasn't, a doctor just came in telling me that I have an outstanding balance while my sister has just fallen into a coma not even 3 fucking hours ago" You can't help as irritation seeps through your voice you're just so tired you just want to get this thing over with.

"Listen, just put it on my card. I'm only making a down payment so please" You aggressively hand the clerk your card and she just rolls her eyes.

"No ma'am you don't understand a man just came in and paid everything off he even made sure that for any future bills to be charged on his card" You eye the lady up and down this has to be some sick joke. Who in the world would pay for your.....Miguel. You don't know why but you can feel the anger seeping into your bones. He doesn't listen, you got this all on your own you're doing just fine. You don't need his help, you don't need someone to save you.

You angrily turn around ready to rip Miguel a new one when you collide into someone's chest. You look up ready to apologize but stop and you see who it is.

"Listen before you say anything just take a moment to breathe"

You angrily push at his chest as you practically yell at him. "Don't fucking tell me to breathe. What is wrong with you? I told you I got it, I don't need your help"

"Calm down, you're drawing attention to yourself" You force yourself to turn around and exit the hospital. You really don't need people to see or hear you arguing with him. When you both finally reach outside away from prying eyes you feel him gently stroking your arms.

"Don't. Touch. Me" You can't even look at him right now, you're just so angry. Why does he think that he can just do this without even asking you? You feel him drop his hands immediately.

"I'm not some charity case Miguel, go inside and tell them to cancel your card and tell them that you made a mistake" You hear him sigh at your words.

"I'm not doing that, you know it's not wrong to accept help"

"She's my sister this is my problem to deal with, not yours so-" He cuts you off by grabbing your elbows and pulling you in until your faces are inches apart.

"And you're my woman, your problems are mine to deal with. You're not alone anymore so stop acting like you are"

"I don't need your help," You say as your voice lowers into a broken whisper.

"As long as I'm with you, you will always have my help. Whether you like it or not" As you stare into his eyes you can feel your tears threatening to spill over once again. He's so stubborn you can feel your pride crumbling down. You've always had to do things alone, you're better alone. Why won't he get that? But is that truly what you need? To be alone?