[ 014 ] attack of the losers

LIKE YOU MEAN IT
CHAPTER FOURTEEN !

            EXCITED CHEERS FROM THE crowds that surrounded them muffled a lot of their conversation

EXCITED CHEERS FROM THE crowds that surrounded them muffled a lot of their conversation. As the Hewitt girl sat with her girlfriend and their friends, Slyvie and Annie, each of them had to basically yell in order to be heard. They were talking about everything and nothing as they waited for the long overdue football game, the one that the towns entire pride rested upon, to begin.

            So far neither team had walked into the field and they'd already been waiting nearly thirty minutes. A sigh of boredom emerged from Nell as she glanced around herself, looking for anything to quell the monotony that was the time spent waiting for a stupid game she didn't even care about. She was almost immediately gifted with the confusing sight of an approaching PJ and Josie.

            She quickly nudged Annie with her elbow and jutted her chin in the direction of the girls.  "I thought they weren't friends anymore." She uttered only to receive a shrug in response.

            A haggard breathing Josie reached them first, taking a knee and gasping for air. She cleared her throat just as she began to speak. "Okay, first off. PJ has something to say to Hazel." This was followed by silence from PJ which caused Josie's head to spin around and glare at her. "The apology. Do the apology. Do the apology!"

            "Okay! I'm sorry that I called your mom a skank." PJ admitted. The fingers of both her hands began to awkwardly intertwine as she pulled and twisted at the flesh. "And I'm sorry for saying that you've no friends, really loud in front of all your friends. And I'm sorry for being an asshole. A lot of the time. Most of th—all of the time."

With a sigh, she continued her apology. "And I do think that it's nice how you always take notes and then you type them up and email them to everyone. And I really appreciate it. Do you forgive me?"

There was a small moment of silence. Then as though it belonged upon her lips, a beautiful smile appeared as Hazel uttered, "Yes."

"I don't wanna interrupt this gorgeous moment but we down have time now cause I got information from a very confidential source that Huntington is trying to kill someone on this team tonight." Josie declared, her voice intense and low as she attempted to stress how important this way.

Annie's brows furrowed. "What are you even talking about, Josie? Nobody's even over there." As she spoke, she gestured down at the completely empty football field.

It was totally barren, vacant of any living soul.

"Oh my god, 'nobody is even over there.' That is obviously a red flag, are we not reading that as a red flag? That is crazy." Josie shifted herself around, her eyes wide and fierce. She was now begging. "Please, Annie. Even though you're a black republican, you are the smartest out of all of us, okay?"

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐈𝐭 ✸ 𝐇𝐚𝐳𝐞𝐥 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐧 🎉