[ 010 ] an explosive night

LIKE YOU MEAN IT
CHAPTER TEN !

            HAZEL HAD BEEN QUITE glad when Nell had all but forced her to stay over

            HAZEL HAD BEEN QUITE glad when Nell had all but forced her to stay over. Well force was a strong word when Hazel certainly hadn't opposed the suggestion. No, perhaps 'nicely coaxed' fit the situation better. Honestly, spending a few nights away from home, getting some good sleep and doing it all with the girl she'd been vying for and had successfully had sex with?

Yeah, life seemed pretty good.

That is until she found out the hard way that Nell was a mover. She'd been resting peacefully under the covers, enveloped within the warmth that the comforter and the body beside her offered when she'd been rudely awakened with a smack to the face. Apparently, Nell was so used to sleeping alone that her body naturally moved to fill up the large space her bed usually had. This of course caused Hazel a brief moment of pain pulsing through her nose, which had been hit during the unconscious attack.

Nell was also a deep sleeper. This was something that Hazel also had learned the hard way. No matter how desperately she shook the Hewitt girl, how loud she became as she called for her to waken, Nell remained fast asleep. This left Hazel with two choices, move to lay on the floor to avoid flying hands to the face or wrap her arms around the raven-haired girl and hold her so closely that her arms couldn't move.

Seeing as how Hazel didn't particularly fancy sleeping on the cold floorboards, she took the second option. The unfortunate moving from Nell had ceased almost immediately. From the very second she was wrapped up within Hazel's arms, her system seemed to relax and her hectic, unconscious mind seemed to ease.

When the next morning came around, Nell had been none the wiser to her attack upon Hazel's face until she saw the faintest bruise beginning to form. Guilt had flooded her veins in an instant. Obviously she hadn't meant to harm the Callahan girl. Her growing guilt was assuaged by Hazel before it could consume her whole. With a soft reassuring curl of the lips, Hazel had hushed the apologies from Nell stating that 'it doesn't even hurt.'

Random apologetic glances from Nell were sent Hazel's way all throughout the day. She still felt bad despite Hazel's assurance that she wasn't mad.

            When lunchtime came around and about thirty apology riddled looks had been been received from the Callahan girl, she found herself distracted as she followed practically on the heel of Isabel as she stalked angrily towards Jeff in the lunchroom. She had learned of his infidelity and was extremely annoyed, as she should be.

            Nell stood off to the side with a packet of chips in her hands and was snacking away while she watched on. She could almost see the frustration and anger that Isabel exuded as she confront him.