[ 006 ] relationship advice

LIKE YOU MEAN IT
CHAPTER SIX !

            NELL DESPISED HERSELF

NELL DESPISED HERSELF. What was wrong with her? Why had she kissed Hazel? She genuinely didn't know why she couldn't just keep her feelings locked down until they graduated at the end of the year, moved away to college and never saw each other again. No, she just had to give in to her feelings and kiss one of her friends.

            She felt like such a fucking idiot. No doubt Hazel thought the same. She probably felt violated.

            If she had any guts, Nell would have gone to Hazel, explained herself and her feelings and just hope for the best. Nell didn't have guts however. She could take a punch across the face or a kick to the abdomen with ease but being honest about—feelings? She'd rather the earth open up and swallow her whole.

            Her best plan of action going forward was to just ignore it. She hoped that if she didn't bring it up and Hazel didn't bring it up, that they could move forward and simply pretend that it hadn't happened. Perhaps Hazel would explain it away as a Nell being caught up in the rush of endorphins that typically followed a one-on-one encounter. At least that's what the Hewitt girl hoped for as she headed to school the next day.

She was attempting to slow down her somewhat frantic breathing as she happened upon her friends walking in the hallways. The girl grew confused and a little disturbed as she heard PJ utter, "No, if we keep it up we can put our fingers inside of each other. Grow up."

She didn't even want to know what they were talking about before she showed up. "That sentence is unsettling without context." Nell quipped with a laugh.

She felt eyes boring into the side of her head, most definitely coming from Hazel. Stress began to overwhelm her senses, worry coursed her veins as she hoped that Hazel would just let what happened go. Nell didn't want to ruin their friendship.

            She'd rather have Hazel in her life as her friend then not at all.

She also couldn't even think about looking over at the blue eyed girl due to the sheer amount of cleavage that was suddenly showing. That was the first time she'd seen Hazel in something that didn't give her full torso coverage. Her eyes would certainly veer too far below Hazel's face for her to not get caught.

            Hazel internally sighed when Nell refused to look her way. She desperately wished to discuss what had happened. She wanted to tell the Hewitt girl that she most certainly hadn't minded the kiss. How she definitely wanted to do it again but—well, how exactly could she do that if Nell refused to even glance at her?