[ 012 ] a bloody scene

LIKE YOU MEAN IT
CHAPTER TWELVE !

            NELL'S PANIC FILLED EYES darted around nervously

NELL'S PANIC FILLED EYES darted around nervously. There she sat on the very bleachers from the afternoon before, surrounded by her fellow students. After the verbal beatdown Hazel had received yesterday, courtesy of PJ, the Callahan girl had rushed home, avoiding any and all interaction with those around her. Including Nell, who had searched the school high and low to find her only to learn she'd left mere minutes after.

            She must have been extremely hurt by PJ's words to head back to her own home, especially since she'd practically been living at the Hewitt residence the last week. Surprising Nell had never been to Hazel's home and therefore didn't know her address. This meant Nell had no way of finding her, no way of comforting her. No, Nell had to wait until the next day and just hope that Hazel showed up.

A nudge to her side pulled the girl from her stupor. She glanced over to see Slyvie now sitting beside her. "How's Hazel?" The girl inquired worriedly.

All Nell could do was shrug. "I have no fucking clue. She went home straight after school and I haven't spoken to her all day." She felt horrible. She desperately wanted to know if Hazel was okay but she was powerless to find her.

"Shit." Slyvie lowly muttered.

Before either girl could further their discussion, their attention was captured by the loud, boisterous cheers of their fellow students. Down on the main floor stood a grinning Jeff, holding up a microphone. "Everybody, even the fucking losers!"

"Make some noise!" Yet again, cries of excitement expelled from the mouths of Rockbridge Falls students, reverberating off the walls and no doubt echoing throughout the empty corridors.

"Right, we're gonna go the pep rally. First up, cheerleaders." Jeff uttered, his voice dripping with boredom. He barely even glanced the cheerleaders way as he gestured towards them while walking off to give them the floor.

A less joyful cheer followed. Everyone watched on as the cheerleaders sauntered into their designated spots in their routine, large grins painted upon their lipstick stained lips. Their usual uniform of blue and white had changed into one of complete white fabric, confusing many. Their confusion didn't last long as mere seconds later, two bottles of water was tipped over the head of Stella-Rebecca. The girl and clothing was doused in the clear liquid, soaking the white cloth of her shirt until it became transparent.

Stella-Rebecca happily giggled at the routine as the crowd clapped. The cheerleaders then walked off the court, their routine now over. What the fuck, Nell thought.