Chapter 176: Legal temptation

Start from the beginning

"Can we just drop this?" I ask annoyed.

He never wanted to hear anything about it. He never cared about how Jared's death impacted my life. I never talked to him how it affected me because he didn't let me. I'm not gonna start now.

"No, we can't. I'm concerned for your health. Always. Destroying things in your room is something to be concerned about." Dad says.

At least it's me destroying stuff and not my dad going through everything, searching for drugs and breaking stuff in the process.

I grab the door handle and wave my dad out of the room while I glare angrily at him.

"Samuel. Anger issues like that are not normal." He says.

I let out a frustrated sigh. "I don't have anger issues." I try to explain to him. "I just lost my temper for like two minutes. But I've calmed down."

"I still want an explanation." My dad dares to say. "I wanna support you."

Something in me snaps. Again. All this frustration that Alan helped me get rid of is back again. And all this anger is back as well. How dare he claim he wants to support me? I get he was supportive in many aspects of my life, but not this. He knows he treated me wrong after Jared's death, but he has no idea what that did to me.

"Just fuck off!" I yell angrily. "Seriously. Who do you think you are to pretend you care? If you wanna punish me for breaking stuff, do it. I don't give a fuck. But don't pretend to be my friend."

I don't know why, but he looks taken aback. Like that came out of nowhere.

"Look, please just leave me alone." I say, trying to keep my voice down again.

"What's gotten into you today?" Dad asks me, sounding angry. "You can't speak to me like that. Are you out of your mind?"

"Yes, I can!" I shout. "I can do what I want, when I want and where I want."

"Not in my house." Dad says.

He's right.

"Okay, I'm moving out." I answer. "It's not like I'm home a lot anyways and anytime I am you're up in my business. I can do without that."

"I'm trying to help." He says.

I shake my head. "You're not helping. Anytime I step out of line you instantly accuse me of doing drugs."

"But you do understand why I'm concerned. I'm not accusing you without reason." He says.

"But I'm not doing drugs!" I say frustratedly. "Can you just leave me the fuck alone?"

"What's gotten into you today? Ever since we moved here you're unrecognizable." He says. "I thought you'd be your old self again, but apparently not."

"Are you blaming me for changing when it was your decision to isolate me from my friends and drag me into this stupid city?" I ask him. "It's your fault. I wish I had stayed back, moved in with Kev or with my aunt or something. Then I would be fine now. Then I would have stayed at my old school. I would have never done any drugs. I would have never met Noah. And I would have access to this stupid email that Jared sent me and I will never get to read."

"What email?" Dad asks me confused.

"Forget it." I say and turn around to walk to my bed, where I just lay down face first.

"That's why you were so upset?" He asks. "What do you mean? An old email?"

I turn around to face him.

"He sent an email to Kev and Daniel today." I explain. "Probably to me, too, but I will never know because he sent it to my school's email account."

My dad frowns. "How- how would he send that?"