Chapter 80: Rehab's going the right way and I won't complain

After three days of staying here I've already gotten used to everything.

I've met all the other patients and learned about why they're here in the group meetings and activities.

I get along great with most of them, especially the drug addicts.

Therapy is shit, group sessions are shit, the vegan options in food are non-existent, the staff members are mostly rude and think they're something better.

On top of that Austin only has his phone for one hour every day during the week and of course that hour is exactly when I have dinner, so we can't even talk on the phone and I have to wait all day to get a reply from him.

I watched Lou get high yesterday night after his friend smuggled drugs in. He also gave acid to two other people. He didn't offer me anything, but seeing and hearing him have fun all night made me kinda jealous.

I tried. I really gave my all.

But here I am, having a piece of paper under my tongue while Lou and I walk downstairs to dinner.

The food is disgusting as always. Seriously, how can you mess up a simple soup? It's not that hard to get that right. It's also not hard to make it vegan, but of course they dumped some kind of dairy cream on top of it. Not that I'm actually trying to go fully vegan, but whoever is actually vegan would starve here.

Or actually not because they make everyone eat the whole plate or they take away our phones. Crazy, I know. So I've been throwing up after every lunch because the portions are ridiculously big. The guys get bigger portions than the girls, which in my opinion is bullshit, since one of the women is like twice my size and probably needs to eat more than me.

Let's be honest. Going three days without any drugs was already way more than I could handle. It's a nightmare to be here. The only good thing is Louis who turned out to be pretty cool and nice to talk to at night since he doesn't sleep more than four hours a night.

The girl he talked about, Vera, is also pretty cool. She's here for weed, just a bag of weed. But she's been here for two weeks and has been tripping on acid every night. That's exactly what I meant when I said I don't wanna come out of here worse than I got in. Looks like that's exactly how I'll end up.

I learned a thing or two about drugs. There's a nice alternative to weed called Kratom that won't show up on tests and is great to ease out hangovers. I gotta give that a try after I get out.

Louis also told me about his experience with coke and tells me that snorting is nothing compared smoking it. He even went as far as saying snorting it is basically wasting it. He also talked about injecting it. Though, he's never tried himself because he's scared of that.

I'm not gonna give that a try, but it made me kind of curious since in my opinion coke is pretty intense as it is.

Anyways. I'm currently staring at the clock, waiting for it to be 8, so I can get locked up in my room again and enjoy my high. The drugs are slowly starting to kick in and I only have five more minutes left at the dinner table.

I finished my soup and stare at the clock, the arms moving extra slow today.

When we're finally excused from the table we make our way back upstairs where we get locked up in our rooms again.

"Here." Lou says and hands me another of his tiny papers.

Apparently that's the way they do it here, take one before and one after dinner so the effect starts slowly while the lights are still on until 9 and then lasts all night.

Austin texted me a lot. I wonder if he spends the whole hour he has on his phone to text me. It sure seems like it. He also sent me a bunch of voice recordings. I sigh and lock my phone and decide to look at everything and reply in the morning when I'm not high anymore because I'm starting to see optics on the white walls. Well, they are usually white, not right now.