PART THIRTEEN | Daughter

Začít od začátku

As he was shutting it, that's when I realised Sams car was here. I was in so much pain I didn't even realise.

"I apologise for bruising your wife, Sam. She's misbehaving. Feel free to punish her." He pushed me by the neck and into Sam, who grabbed me and held me by his side. I felt disgusted.

"She'll be getting it if she acts up, don't worry." He told my father. Sam used his hand and rubbed over my cheek, then he pulled to look at his thumb. He had blood on his finger. He licked it.

God.

I looked away and my teeth started chattering.

"Before you go pack your room up, Katarina. There's one more thing. Your ring." He nods to it. "Give it to Sam, right now, you are to listen to him from now on."

I looked down at my hand. No...

I looked shakily to Sam who held his hand out. "Give it to me. It's going to be mine soon." He winked and I stopped myself from gagging.

Hating every single second of it, I took it off and put it in his hands. He looked at it and grinned, letting me go to put it on his pinkie finger. It only just fit.

"Now go pack your things, love. Leave all your art things here." He ordered me.

"Throw them out." My father added. "I don't want them here."

I was being discarded so easily. He was letting his daughter go like I was some insect. He threatened to kill me...

I slowly wobbled up the stairs to my room, grabbing the rails for support. I got to my bedroom and cried. I shut my door and relaxed on my bed and broke down. I was silent, grabbing the sheets and punching the bed. I wanted to die... I just wanted to...

I sprung from the bed and grabbed a backpack, finding a few things I would need. Just essentials and a few art things. Then I opened the window to my room and into the night, I looked down-

Rhea?

Rhea was right there, looking up at me and climbing up. She was so worried. I nearly cried.

I took a few steps back to let her climb in the window. She immediately grabbed my face and inspected it. "What the fuck did he do?" She snapped. She wiped the blood and i whimpered, my ribs hurting and I bent over and lent on her, sulking in pain. I cried against her. "Fuck, Malysh. Fuck. We need to go, we're going... what do you need?" Rhea pulled back to look at my things.

"Nothing." I got out. "I don't need anything." I said.

Rhea studied down my body like she wanted to fix any and all of my pain. Then he eyes widened. "Where the fuck is that ring?" She snapped and grabbed my hand. Then she glared at me. "Kat? Did he-"

"No..." I interrupted. "No- Rhea. He didn't, he just took it." I explained as quickly as I could. "Let's go... please I want to get out."

Rhea wrapped her arm around my waist and helped me walk towards the window. "Come on, Kat. Hold on, I promise I'm getting you out of-"

The door behind us opened.

Rhea turned around and pulled me to her side, making me whimper in pain. I held onto her. "She's fucking leaving with me. I don't care about your fucking deals or whatever shit you're into." Rhea said angrily. Straight to the face of my furious looking father.

My fathers jaw tended as he looked between Rhea and I. "I don't know who the fuck you are or what you think you're doing in my house. But you need to let go of my daughter right-"

"Your daughter?" Rhea scoffed, pulling my closer to her. "You don't usually abuse your daughter. You don't push her into dressers, malnourish her or make up a whole fucking religion so she listens to you."

My fathers bottom lip quivered in anger. "Leave." He grumbled.

"I will. With Kat" Rhea said so confidently. I don't know how. I was cling to her, I didn't want to let her go.

Sam came in the room, looking at the situation and widening his eyes. He smiled and crossed his arms. "Ah, Rhea."

Rhea tilted her head, daring him to even talk to her.

Sam stepped in front of my father. "Rhea, let my wife go. Come on, just-" Sam stopped talking when Rhea left me to step up to Sam. He actually looked a bit nervous as she stood in front of him.

She wasn't far from his height. But she was much broader and much more muscular than him. He knew that and probably felt insecure.

Sam raised his eyebrow. "What? You think you're going to just leave with her? She's now mine?" He put his hand out and Rhea looked down at it and swallowed.

"She's not going-"

"Alright! I'm fucking sick of this. Katarina, you're going. Rhea, get the fuck out." My father said and put his hand on Sams shoulder. Rhea backed to near me and went to hold me. "Don't touch my fucking daughter again-"

Rhea went for my father, stepping around Sam. "Your daughter?! Did you not hear what I just-" Rhea got to the front of my father but he ripped at his back, pulling a gun out and aiming it straight at Rhea. She put her hands up and backed off. "Alright... alright." She whispered.

"Get the fuck out of my house, or I'll make you watch as I shoot my daughter." My father said.

I put my hands on my mouth. I don't even know what to say or do.

My brother Nik came into the room too, confused at what was going on, but quickly glaring at Rhea.

Rhea looked at me from a bit away, and she also was worrying. She didn't know what to do.

"Let's go, Kat." Sam held his hand out, and I looked at it.

Then I looked at Rhea and she slowly shook her head.

No...

I'm so sorry Rhea.

I can't let anything happen to her. To myself. I had to go. There was nothing we could do. Nothing at all.

I looked to Rhea once more who's eyes were watering. I took Sams hand and he pulled me close to him and i whimpered. Hating this. Hating she had to watch this. "I'll go, please, just let her leave and she won't get involved again. It's the end of it." I begged my father, then looked up to Sam.

"Kat..." rhea whispered, making me look to her. I felt horrible. Rhea had a tear falling down her cheek.

I didn't mean any of it. I nodded to make sure she knew it was ok. I'd be ok. Maybe... we can figure something out.

Sam suddenly stuck his hand down the front of my top and I jumped as he pulled my phone out.

Rheas has twitched as she watched him throw my phone on the ground.

"Get out." My father nodded to Rhea, and she slowly began walking away. She was staring at me as she carefully walked away. My father still had the gun pointed at her, she couldn't do anything dramatic. He could 100% shoot her.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to Rhea as she left the room with tears down her face.

When she was out of view, same as my father and brother who was taking her out of the house.

Sam made me look at him. "Just us now, love." He grabbed my hand. "Let's get to Florida." He pulled us down the stairs and to his car.