Day 76 1 Corinthians 16:15

Written by 

1 Corinthians 16:15

How many people can really say they have devoted their life to the kingdom of God? I mean, up to 70% of Americans consider themselves as Christians, and nearly every modern evangelical will admit they are willing to die for their faith. The problem with this is that I am not ignorant of the fact that many people say they are Christian without even understanding what it means to be one. As far as those who say they would be martyred for Christ, I have one thing to say, if you are not willing to live for Christ right now, how are you able to say you would die for Him later? Christ calls us to everyday to take up our cross and follow Him. That is no easy task, but one that is necessary. Christ did not die so that we be Christians when it's convenient and "cool" and then shame and laugh at people who are getting persecuted. Shame on them. That is not persecution. Look at the Christians of China who risk their lives every day worshiping underground. Look at the church of Iran and Egypt, or the people who are killed for just owning a Bible. Give up your life to Christ today. Be addicted to his Word and ministry. When people silence you, speak of the influence of God through your works. When they cut you, have it be said that you bleed the gospel. Love God with all your heart, mind, and soul.