39. 𝓐𝖑𝖒𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖋𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘.

Start from the beginning

" I am not hurt Arjun. I am okay! You all have made such a big fuss over me! See, I am fine." She said and there was not enough sense of self-control to deny my wife for something I wanted more than she did for the second time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Siya ~

The second Arjun's lips connected with mine, I found myself completely melting in his arms. His arms, still around my waist was all the comfort I needed at this moment.

Every time he kisses me, I feel like I am floating on the clouds and standing in the middle of the darkest tempest at the same time.

Never in my wildest of dreams had I imagined falling in love with this man who had almost literally manipulated me into marrying him but here we both were, merely weeks before our first wedding anniversary.

As I attempted to deepen our kiss, he found a moment to stop and then, just like that, scoop me into his arms while a gasp escaped me due to the suddenness of his action.

" Ranaji!" I exclaimed but laughed, throwing my legs in a wave of giddiness.

He carried me to our bedroom and placed me on the bed before handing me a glass of water and continued to look at me.

" Arjun, I can have a glass of water without going unsupervised. Go and change!" I rolled my eyes but he failed me grant me a response and I sighed, gulping the water down my throat.

" You do know how ridiculous this is? I mean, take a chill-pill Arjun." I imitated Anjali from Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham with the hand gesture while he took the glass away from me.

" Ridiculous was when you were lying there on the hospital bed, not responding to any sort of treatment." Was all he said before walking into his closet, leaving me behind and I closed my eyes.

" Do I really matter to him this much?" I murmured to myself and a ghost of a smile appeared on my lips which forced me to find my husband's eyes while opening mine but he was still inside the closet.

And just like that, out of literally nowhere, I realised that it was my birthday in 3 days!

Wait, when was Arjun's birthday? How did it not come yet? Was he a vampire?

What on earth was wrong with me!? We had been married for almost a year and I didn't know my own husband's birthday!

This has to be a new record.

" I am so proud of you Siya." I muttered, sarcastically and even gave myself a pat on the back.

"Arjun," I murmured softly, almost unsure if my words had reached him. "I was wondering, when exactly is your birthday?"
To my surprise, his response wasn't immediate. Instead, a sly smirk played at the corners of his lips as he sauntered over, settling himself beside me without a word.

Arjun's playful smirk took a teasing turn as he flashed a mischievous grin. "My little detective," he taunted in a mocking tone, "you mean to tell me that after all this time, almost a year as my wife, you still have no idea about my birthday?"

I flustered. I was completely embarrassed and I averted my eyes away from him.

But I was also Siya, which meant that I had to say something and I had to say something now.

"Ah, Ranaji," I began, my words slipping out almost accidentally, "I've been a tad bit occupied, you see, from coming to hate you to now lo..." The confession hung in the air for a fleeting moment, before I abruptly halted, pressing my lips together in a sudden realisation. Heat surged to my cheeks when I saw a realisation of what I was about to say in his eyes and I immediately turned away, unable to meet his gaze, my embarrassment evident.