8. 𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖈𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕰𝖒𝖔𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘.

Blocking Emotions

Siya ~

The next two weeks were just chaos. The wedding was taking place tomorrow in the Palace itself and currently, I was sitting idle as the henna artists were doing their job. After that eventful day when I had declared that I hated him, I hadn't seen Ranaji and I didn't know what to make of it. Was I just another thing for him that he got his hands on and now is least interested in? Was that it?

" What is the name that you want to be written in the mehendi?" The artist asked me, breaking the chain of my thoughts.

" No name please." I replied just as soon. I couldn't risk anyone even remotely connecting any dots and secondly, I had no intention to put his name on my hand.

She gave me a weird look but thankfully didn't press the matter any further.

" Cockroach will you please stop stuffing your face with sweets and get something for me to eat too? I am so hungry!" My eyes landed on him as I saw him going for the 3rd Ras Malai without a care in the world.

" Shouldn't you be like dieting to get into that wedding dress?" He raised a brow and I swear had my hands been functioning, I would have thrown the vase next to me directly to his face.

" I'd rather get it altered than torturing myself. Now get me some Maggie and then Ras Malai after that." I ordered him but mumma didn't let him.

" Karan the lunch is already kept in the kitchen for her. Go and get the plate and feed your sister but before that, did you check on Tanaya? She should be resting now, not working. The baby is due any minute now." Mumma asked him.

" She has had her lunch and is now sleeping. No work for her now." He told mumma. Karan bhai may be such a cockroach but he is very particular when it comes to family and work.

" Also call up your papa and ask him if your brother and him have done the Tilak ceremony?" She gave him another work.

" Yeah yeah whatever. Just let him make me eat first." I told mumma who was sitting with mehendi in her hands along with Bhabhi. They were done in like forty five minutes while I was sitting here for the past two hours and still nowhere near done!

Karan bhai fed me everything I wanted and after like the next two hours, it was finally done and my back was killing me for sitting in the same position for five hours straight.

As the henna artists went, Papa and Rohit bhai walked in with Raani Maa Sa and Preeti, Prince Samarth's wife and mumma along with Bhabhi fell in with formalities.

" Nupur we are only here for this Shagun and to see the henna adorning my daughter in law. Don't worry about anything else." She said, coming to me and I managed to give her a weak smile and extended my arms to her for see.

" Beautiful." Preeti muttered and Raani Maa Sa agreed.

After which I was finally asked to go and rest for a while in my room for which I was utterly thankful because the henna was almost drying and I could lie down for a while and I have no idea when I let sleep take over.

The next time I opened my eyes was when I found a hand caressing my head. It was Papa who was sitting by my side and I managed to sit up.

" What is it Papa? Is everything okay?" I asked him, a bit worried because of his facial expressions.

" Everything is okay beta. I just wanted to sit by your side and feed you dinner. You mumma has made your favourite Pav Bhaji tonight for you." He said, bringing the plate forth but I could see that he was getting a bit emotional.