40. Birdcage

After waiting some time, the Straw Hats finally arrive at the main gate of the entrance and meet up with the Lunarians. The princess wants to take them to a secret rampart entrance but when they turn around, they find their captain already punched through the main gate. So we can only use the main gate to go inside the palace instead.

Aruna PoV

"Luffy! Thanks to you now we were discovered by the Donquixote Family!" I scolded Luffy while fighting back some of the guards.

"You're welcome! Shishishi!"

"I'm not complimenting you!"

When we finally arrived at a stone-made corridor, the ground and wall suddenly trembled, "What's happening?"

"Is Pica! He is a stone made with the power of Ishi Ishi no Mi!" Viola explained with fear.

Luffy punched the stone that launched at us, but after a while, the stone will spawn again. Zoro and I take turns to slash the stone so we can keep moving. The stone keeps coming to us, Zoro said, "Luffy! Aruna! You guys take the princess and keep going! I will stay behind and fight him!" So we left Zoro and the stone man to fight while Luffy and Viola kept going up.

After running for a while, we meet another Donquixote Family, Gladius, who is a Pamu Pamu no Mi user. He was attacking the toy soldier but was punched by Luffy, "Nice one Luffy!" I said.

I quickly grabbed the toy soldier and continued to find that Flamingo. Gladius keeps sending attacks to us to prevent us from getting close to Doflamingo. Luffy suddenly burst out through the window.

"What the hell Luffy?! What are you doing?"

"This is way faster!" He said.

I followed my captain and carried all of them to the second floor. We arrived outside the throne room, we hid underneath the window of the throne room while listening to the conversation between Tra-guy and Doflamingo.

"They are talking about the dwarves."

"Now we have to wait for Usopp and Robin to finish the SOP so that all the toys can turned back to human again."

"Believe them. I know they will succeed! Shishishi!"

Later

"Hope nothing happened to Usoland." The toy soldier said worried.

Suddenly, the toy soldier shone brightly, and slowly he transformed back into a human.

"Wow, the toy soldier has turned into a human. So cool!" The soldier stands up slowly, picks up his sword, and flies through the window to get inside the throne room.

"Who is that?" Luffy asked.

"Brother Kyros! Even I lost my memories of him!"

"Wait! Where is the toy soldier?"

"Luffy, that man is the toy soldier," I said deadpanned.

The princess revealed that all the toys we saw on the street were human, and they were erased from our memories.

"Since the devil fruit user, Sugar passed out now, we got our memories back! He is the former commander of the King Riku Army, Kyros!" Viola said, "He is also the strongest gladiator in the history of the Colosseum."

"That's the old man the status is of!" Luffy said.

"Yes. And he is also Rebecca's biological father."

"What!? She said she didn't know him." Luffy said.

"Wait who is Rebecca?" I asked.

"Oh. She is a girl I met in the Colosseum. She even gave me a meal although she didn't have enough money on her. She is a good person." Luffy complimented.

"And she is also my niece," Viola said. I nodded my head, understanding.

When we look back into the throne room, Kyros has lifted his sword and cut the head of Doflamingo. "Wow, he cut it!"

"I'm here to take back the real Dressrosa!" Kyros said.

All of us go inside the throne room and see Tra-guy chained to a heart-shaped chair.

"Here is the key of the chain." Viola takes out a key and gives it to Luffy. I guard the other two Donquixote members in the room so they won't do anything to rescue the Flamingo. "No! The young master was defeated!"

"Mugiwara-ya, why are you here? I had told you our alliance was done." Tra-guy said.

"I refuse your refusal. And don't move Tra-guy, it's too hard to open." After trying for some time, Luffy gives up and gives the key to the princess, "You open it."

"I can't. I'm also a devil fruit user."

"Hey! Have you listened to me!" Tra-guy snarled but we still ignored him.

"Give me the key. Let me open it." I offer my help and get the key. Meanwhile, the Flamingo is alive, he created a clone of himself and launched the attack on us. He almost cut Kyros in half if I didn't push him away.

Pica, the stone man arrived. Doflamingo commands him to throw us out and wants to play some game with us. He then declares he wants to use the 'Birdcage'.

We are all thrown out through the window, I catch all of them so we can land safely. The ground started to move and the palace was now moved away from us due to the stone man's devil fruit.

"That's quite far. My wings haven't fully recovered." I said.

Then we noticed a string was shot into the sky, it slowly surrounded the island. "That's the 'Birdcage'. He wants to kill every single person on this island." Tra-guy said with horrible.

"Oh Tra-guy. Here's the key. Thank me 'cause I didn't drop it." I said proudly and helped him open the handcuff.

"Yea, thank you. If that's Mugiwara-ya, I don't know if I can get out from this handcuff again." He said.

A screen appeared in front of us, and Flamingo started his speech.

"Citizens and guests of Dressrosa. I could have reigned over you all with terror from the start. After finding out the truth, I bet a great number of you want to kill me now. That's why I prepared a game for you. It's a game to kill me. I'm in the Royal Palace. I won't run or hide. If you can take my life, the game ends here, of course. But there is another way to finish the game"

"Here is how you kill all the people that I'm going to name now. Also, I will award a large prize for killing each one of them. Kill or get killed!" He said like a maniac."Everyone in this country will become hunters! The only way for you to survive is...to kill somebody!"

"He is a psychopath," I said with my arm crossed over my chest.

"You either come to kill me or side with us Donquixote Family and punish the 13 fools who rebel against me. If you make the wrong decision, the game will not end. I'll pay 100 million berries for each star rating! These are the criminals in Dressrosa!"

One star: Rebecca, Nico Robin, Kinemon, Viola, Franky

Two stars: Roronoa Zoro, Kyros

Three stars: Sabo, Monkey. D Luffy, Trafalgar Law, Riku Doldo III

"Plus, there is the man who pissed me off the most today! It's all his fault that you people have to play such a bloody game. And the other one was a woman who was a unique extinct race, she was a Lunarian! The one who kills them will get...500 million berries!" snarled Doflamingo. The screen then reveals,

Five stars: "God" Usopp, Aruna

"Hahaha, look at Usopp! I bet he was so relieved when he didn't get the bounty but then the reality just beat him! They even call him "God"!" I said and laughed so hard with Luffy.

"Okay now. Luffy, ready to beat this Flamingo's ass?" I asked.

"Of course! Let's go."

"Ah, but I can only help you get to the half, then you will need to go up yourself. I will leave Flamingo to you 'cause I want to help the citizens here."

"That's fine. You helped a lot. Now let's go!"