50. The Oni Girl

Aruna pov

I still feel my headache, when I open my eyes and realize I am in an unfamiliar room, "Did I die?"

"No, you didn't, don't say something like that." And I realized it was Alber who answered me.

"Alber? Damn, why are you here? Shit, I should get out of here." When I got up from the bed, I felt a pain coming in my legs, "Aruna, you cannot move now. Your wounds haven't recovered." Alber said. I looked down at my legs and noticed not even my legs, but my whole body was bandaged. I sighed and laid back on the bed, "Kaido that bastard."

"At least Kaido-san didn't kill you," Alber answered.

I stared at him and said, "I still don't like him. Look what he and Orochi did to this country, force the people to become their slaves to work in the factory, toxic flow in the river, people in Ebisu Town cannot afford their food, ended up eating the defective Smile Fruit and could only smile for the rest of their life. How can you let Kaido do this to the poor people?"

"..." He didn't say a word, a huge silent fall between us.

"Do you still remember the legend story told in our country? The story of Joy Boy." He asked me.

"Of course, I remembered," I answered.

"I think Kaido-san might be the Joy Boy. So I believe what he did now will lead us to a better future. Although he told me Joy Boy would be the one to defeat him in the future, I think that's impossible, no one can defeat him, he is the strongest."

"If you said that, then my captain will be the Joy Boy. He will defeat Kaido!" I said with determination.

"Then we will see. But you have to treat your wounds first."

"You're not afraid I will attack you?"

"No, I'm stronger than you." He answered with a smile.

I quickly turned around and covered my blush face with the blanket. Damn it, I haven't seen him for a long time and now he is smiling like that at me!

"I have another job to finish, you stay here while I go out." Then he wears his mask again and leaves the room to me. Now I have to find a way to help Luffy and the rest coming here.

Timeskip

I stayed here for almost a week, these few days Alber didn't return so I assume there must be something that happened outside. So this is a good chance for me to escape the place. I look out the window and see through the landscape, after making sure there are no enemies around, I fly out from the room.

I beat some of the Beast Pirates while looking for a way out until I meet a familiar figure, "Is that Yamato?" I come behind her and touch her shoulder, she turns around quickly and looks alert at me, but when she finds out who am I, her body becomes relaxed, and lowers the weapon in her hands, "Aruna!"

"Shhh! Not so loud Yamato!" I covered her mouth quickly to prevent anybody else from noticing our voices.

"Ops sorry, I was too happy to see you again. Why are you here?"

"Kaido beat my ass a few days ago and he brought me back here. Now I was trying to escape this place but just now I had changed my mind, maybe I should just beat some of them here so no one can stop Luffy from coming here." I explained.

'What?! Luffy is here?" Her eyes filled with sparkles when she heard Luffy's name.

'Not yet but soon. Wait, how did you know Luffy?"

"I know him from Ace. When Ace was in Wano Country, he talked a lot about his two brothers." Suddenly her face becomes saddened, so she knows.

"Don't worry, his will is always carried by his brother. So what will you do?" I asked her, hoping she would not report me to the Beast Pirates.

"I will help you beat Kaido! And save the country! Let us work together!" She declared. Woah, so she is helping us, now we have a powerful comrade, "But my hands were handcuffed, if I ever step out from this island, the handcuff will explode."

"I can remove that."

"Eh?!" She was shocked when she heard me say that. She then shows me her hands, and I focus my will on the handcuff while grabbing the handcuff. I let the Haki gather in one place and unleash it, her handcuff was broken.

"Woah, Amazing! Thank you so much, Aruna!"

"No worries. Now let's beat the Beast Pirates as many as we can and wait until Luffy and the rest come here. Of course, we must do it secretly so no one will notice us."

"Okay!"