When the Lawyer meets the waitress...

Start from the beginning

"Actually I did. I'm more into Caramel Macchiato now." He informed while looking at me intently telling me the reason for the change. It was my favorite after all. "But it would be refreshing to have a taste of the all-time favorite again. Thanks."

I gave him an awkward smile since I'm thinking of how funny it is that my new favorite drink is black coffee.

"Would you want anything else?" I asked trying to end the awkward encounter.

"Yes." He said. "I want to talk to you."

It came as a shock when he held my hand when he said that. The sudden skin contact made me shiver that I immediately retracted my hand back.

"I-I still have t-three more hours of shift. Let's t-talk after." I stuttered and he nodded.

"I'll wait."

"O-okay. Just call me or anyone from the staff if you need anything else. I'll get going."

And with that I went back to work and pretended that I'm perfectly fine. Truth is, it has been a long time since the last time my heart and my whole being has been in this kind of turmoil. Now, I'm not sure on how to handle this kind of emotions again.

3 hours has passed and thankfully it became busy in the café during those 3 hours. It didn't give me time to think of what's about to happen and it relaxed my mind a bit. But now that we're closing, I have nothing to excuse myself from approaching and talking to him.

"Hyun."

I was startled when he suddenly appeared from my back that I dropped my bag.

"Still a klutz." He chuckled while helping me fix my things that scattered on the floor.

"Well I won't be such a klutz if only someone didn't scare me." I said matter-of-factly.

After putting everything back in my bag, I stood up and so did he.

"Sorry for scaring you like that." He said shyly while rubbing his nape.

I smiled at how cute he still looks when he's shy. I guess even age has no effect on someone like Kim Taehyung's charms.

"No worries. It's not like you didn't always do that to me 7 years ago." I reminded not only him but the both of us.

It turned quiet for a minute since it seems like the both of us are going back to the memories of the past; memories that should have been long forgotten or at least have been buried.

"It's been so long Hyun."

"Yeah it is."

We stood there in silence once again since no one knows what to say anymore. After all it's been years since we last talked to each other. What could we probably talk about? The weather? I don't think so.

To stop this awkward silence and to get things done and over with, I was the first one to speak up.

"About that talk, would you mind if we do that at home?" I suggested. "I really need to get home after work so it's either that or some other time I guess."

"It's fine with me. We can talk there if that's the case. Well that's if it's alright with you as well."

"Of course it is! It's rare for me to have a VIP as a visitor. It would be my honor." I joked trying to get comfortable with him again and luckily it worked. His laughter was melody to my ears but my heart started aching while hearing it as well.

"It's all set then. You better make sure this VIP gets the best visitor hospitality out there."

"If it's only hospitality we're talking about then you're looking at the best. But don't be disappointed with the place, it's kind of messy and small. So don't expect too much Mr. BIG-SHOT-Lawyer."

We laughed at our friendly banter and it feels so nice to be able to freely talk to him without being shy anymore. Just like the old times.

"I'll just lock up and we can get going." I told him as I started locking the doors.

As I was reaching for the metal roll up door, I felt his hands on my shoulders and made me step aside. He pulled it down with ease and made sure it was securely shut at the bottom.

"Where's the padlock?" he asked with his hand open.

I handed it over to him and watched him crouch on the ground to place the lock. As always, he's the perfect gentleman. This guy never changes. Still understanding and caring as ever. Can't blame me for falling in love with someone like him right? I sighed and tried to shake the thought of it away.

After seeing him get up and straighten his suit, I looked away from him and started walking.

"Let's go. My apartment's just 2 blocks away."

"Lead the way." He said as he started walking beside me.

-----------------------------