Chapter five

3rd POV

Jake and Halvor were standing in the office, in front of the row of five students, three guys and two girls. They were picked by Halvor for Jake to be his special team. They were all older than him, seniors to be exact. Halvor explained him the skills everyone possesses, that strengthened the group. Jake looked at them with bored eyes, he didn't really care for that.

-Any questions? - Halvor asked, once he was done with introductions.

-What motivates them to follow me? - asked Jake.

-My order. - answered Halvor - If you want trust and loyalty, you will have to work for that.

Jake was taken aback with Halvor being so straightforward with him. Suddenly, the reality sunk in and Jake couldn't ignore the looks of his team. They weren't sure about him. He wasn't sure about them. But he knew, that if he won't let them come closer to his walls, they won't get along and this team will be a disaster.

-Alright then. - Jake sighed. - Let's see how it goes. - he added, earning a pleased nod from Halvor.

Jake and his team received the pagers from Halvor and left the office.

-Let me know if something happens. - he said. He felt like an idiot telling them such an obvious thing, but he wanted to let them know, that he was there for them, if needed. So he said that. - I don't want you to think I consider you morons, just want to somehow break the ice.

-You're fine. - smiled one of his subordinates. Jake tried to remind himself of his name, finally he had it. Arthur.

-Yeah, no need to stress so much. - added Tina. Jake didn't have to remind himself of her name, he had something to remember her for. "Damn, the girl has something to breath with." he thought. For a moment he looked at them as a thought came to his mind.

-How much did Halvor tell you all about me? - he asked.

-Enough to give you your space. - answered Brandon, the tallest of them all.

With that, they all went their ways. Right away Jake was joined by his annoying "friend" as she started rambling with her mouth.

-Who are they? Are you finally hanging out with someone other than me and Sebastian? Tell me everything! - Jake winced at her voice.

-Nothing to talk about. - Jake said, immediately annoyed.

-Introduce me! - she said.

-No. - Jake muttered and quickened his pace. He noticed Sebastian and the basketball team nearby. Their eyes met and Sebastian already knew what Jake needed.

-Jake, may we steal you for a bit? - he asked.

-Sure, see you later Isabel. - Jake cut her talking off and almost ran to them. - You saved my life. - he said the them quietly.

-We are always here for you. - smirked Curtis.

-Not that you have a choice. - Jake smirked back, but it died off quickly. The others were growing on him too, not only Sebastian. He seemed to notice that, but didn't say anything. - Anyway, what were you planning on telling her, if she pressed on?

-I was planning on asking you to explain something embarrassing in German. - Sebastian answered with amusement in his eyes.

-My German alone is embarrassing to begin with. - Jake rolled his eyes.

-You started only a month ago. - reminded Andy. - It's very impressive that you can learn a language on your own.

-We will see how it will go, I can bounce back from it if I won't see the improvement. - Jake crossed his arms against his chest.

They talked for a bit until they were interrupted with a very familiar voice of his girlfriend.

-There you are. - she said. - Why do I always have to look for you?

-Because love always find the way. - Jake answered without thinking.

-Really? Because I feel like you're making a great effort for me not to find you. - she said. "I wonder why" Jake thought, before he said something completely different.

-I pray you won't stop searching. - was the answer, earning a roll of eyes from Curtis. Jake was sure Victoria saw that, so instead of letting the hell break loose, he excused himself and his girlfriend.

-I don't like that you didn't react to your buddie's eye roll. - she said.

-He's not my buddy, but Sebastian's. - Jake answered.

-You are hanging out with them too! - Victoria pressed.

-They kinda come in package with Sebastian.

-Then stop taking to him. - she answered. Jake could feel his blood start to boil.

-Yeah, and sit around with your all beautiful friends, who have nothing smart to say. - he argued back.

-Are you calling my friends dumb? - she growled, here it goes.

-Yes. - Jake's answer was short and it angered Victoria even more.

-They are still smarter then you and frankly, I don't want to talk to you right now. - Victoria said annoyed, and left her boyfriend. He saw her go to her group, before he shrugged and went back to Sebastian and the basketball team.

-Daily argument checked? - chuckled Curtis.

-It was surprisingly light today, maybe we will have a round two later. - Jake muttered.