Chapter 34: Enies Lobby

Start from the beginning

    I guess my looks matched my words because I was surprised when he picked me up without a fuss. However, the way he chose to carry me was not my preferred method. It was like I was a sack of flour, slung over his right shoulder. At least my head was facing the direction we were walking, so I could still see everything as we went.

    "Thanks," I mumble, grateful to not have to walk and still enjoy the view.

    I couldn't tell for sure, but I think I heard a nearly inaudible "You're welcome," in return. Either way, I was too focused on where we were going to pay much attention.

    "Open the main gate!" A random person yelled. Despite the shouter being an unnamed nobody, the gate opened.

    We all stepped through to see something surprising.

    "Woah! What the hell is this place?!" Franky shouted. "Is this...a waterfall?!"

    The ocean that we were just on circled the small area of land, but it fell down into a large waterfall. It was so mesmerizing to behold.

    "Pretty," I comment as I happily gaze upon the falling water. Yup, it's still one of my favorite things to do.

    I can't see the bottom!" Franky shouts again as we all start to walk down the sliver of land that leads to the next building.

    "How noisy." Kaku refers to the cyborg.

    "Oh c'mon. Are you saying you didn't freak out when you first saw this place? I don't believe it." I quip in Franky's defense as I continue to stare at the rushing water.

***3rd Person POV***

    Sanji and Usopp, still disguised as Sogeking, were rescued by the remaining crew that was hot on the sea train's trail. Sanji just filled in the group about what was keeping Robin from wanting them to rescue her, and everything he learned about the Buster Call. He even reiterated the speech that Amaya gave to Blueno.

    After having Sanji fill them, Luffy was the first to speak or yell. "That doesn't matter!" Followed by a war cry that Chopper joined in. "I'm not gonna stand for this! That darn Robin!"

    Nami whacked him on the back of the head with her clima rod. "Why Robin?!" She shouted.

    "Why not?! Why the heck doesn't she want us to rescue her?!" He explained.

    "She's suffering thinking about what might happen to us after she's rescued!" Nami reasoned.

    "Who cares about that?! If we don't do anything, she'll be killed, right?! There's no way she wants to die, so we'll rescue her and Ama!" He declared as he then turned away from the navigator.

    "Of course that's true, but-" Nami was cut off by the swordsman.

    "Don't bother. Either way, what we have to do is the same. We'll just rescue them." He coolly spoke.

    "We'll bring down the whole place! There's a technique that I wanna try, too!" He started stretching out his arm as if he was about to punch something.

    Paulie then called everyone over to show them a rough sketch of the island. They all started to tell the strawhats their plan, which would go up in smoke by the time Luffy arrives on the scene.

***Amaya's POV***

    This was the longest walk ever! And I'm not even the one walking! We were now walking through a town that was on the island, headed for the Tower of Judgement. Only a few more gates to go, then we'll arrive.

I look behind me to see Robin and Franky still behind me. Robin is now cuffed like I am though. When did that happen?

She suddenly stopped and looked back in the direction of the front gate.