Chapter 33: Interference

Start from the beginning

Robin was quiet, but her balled fists in front of her spoke volumes.

"What's the matter? There's no need to worry. I'm all prepared." He rummaged through his bag then pulled out two red items. "These Octopus-shoes are for you. If you put them on your hands and feet, you can get out through the window and stick to the outer panel of the sea train. Now, put them on before they notice."

"Wait." she spoke.

"'Wait?'"

"How could this be happening? I thought I clearly told you all goodbye. I'll never return to the Straw Hats!"

Sogeking stood up and walked to the other side of the car, looking out the window. "They know why you are so insistent about that. I heard that Ice pops at the shipbuilding yard clarified everything."

"So he survived?" She wondered, hopefully. "No, even so....I won't return to you guys."

"Enough with that!" Sogeking snapped. "You still don't get it? They're not so weak that you need to worry about them! Before you took such a stupid deal, they really wanted you to talk to them first! You really think they'd be happy to be alive knowing that it was because their friend had to sacrifice herself?!"

"He's right ya know?" I speak for the first time. "Luffy would do anything for a friend, and the rest of his crew are the same way. Besides, you can't trust the government to hold up their end of the bargain. They act like genie's, finding loopholes in your request. Then they'll do what pleases them in the end, still claiming that they upheld their end of the deal."

"Now that they know what you did for them, they'll follow you to the depths of hell and take out your enemies!" Usopp continued after me. "Don't you realize what kinda man Luffy is?!"

Robin stood in anger. "It's you guys who don't get it! I don't have the slightest desire to be rescued! Don't just do as you please!"

It's kinda ironic that she chose those words. "'Doing as you please'," I hum aloud, so they could hear me. "Sounds like the essence of being a pirate if you ask me."

What I said didn't seem to influence either of them much, if at all, as Sogeking was losing his temper at Robin's stubbornness.

"What'd you say, you-" he was interrupted by the knocking of the door.

My how polite. I'd pegged them to just bust in. Thanks for the warning.

"What are you making racket for, Nico Robin?" An unfamiliar male's voice asked behind the door.

Sogeking hid underneath Robin's cloak that she was wearing. I, however, stayed right where I was. There wasn't time to find another place, nor did I have the energy to do so.

The sound of a door opening on older hinges rang behind me.

"What's the matter? Now that Enies Lobby is getting closer, is it hard for even you to remain calm?'

Approaching footsteps could be heard. "Even if you cry about your destiny now, it's not like your life will be saved or anything."

The man stopped in front of our seats. He was rather bulky with tan skin and faded blond hair that looked more sandy. He wore a suit along with a dumb black cowboy hat on top. Lastly, he had a scare running from the bottom of his right eye to his sideburns.

He stared at me in surprise.

"What? You forgot about your other prisoner?" I held up my wrists, showing the sea prism cuffs. "Talk about lousy communication. Speaking of communication, are you saying that Robin and I were talking too loud? Rude."