Two

"sir sir... Konjam amaidhiya irunga sir, ulla operation nadandhutu irukku, neenga ippudi velila ninnu Saththam potta doctor thittuvaanga sir..." (Sir sir... Please be silent, the operation is going on and if you continued to make noise like this, the doctor will only scold me... )

The nurse says rushing to the old couple standing in front of the ICU wearing an faded old dress with some dirt on... They were crying continuously thinking about the state of their son and the nurse sighed before turning back hearing the door opening sound...

A tall man with a muscular physique come out and the nurse gulped seeing his stare... He moved forward to them and the family rushed to him crying vigorously...

"Aiyyaa... aiyyaa... en.. en pulla en pullaiku yenna'yya aachu... Avan... Avanuku yenna aachu..." (Doctor.. doctor.. my.. my.. son.. what happened to my son...)

The elder woman asked him crying hard and he has a neutral face... without showing any emotions he said professionally, "Inga paarunga madam, helmet pottu irundhathaala unga paiyanuku thalaila balama adi edhuvum padala, but pinnadi mudhuku elumbu la sevier injury aayirikku, inimel nadakka mudiyuma appudindrathe sandhegam thaan and-(look mam,  your son was still alive, only because he had worn a helmet during the accident, so his head part doesn't have much wounds... But we had noticed that his back bone probably got hitted on a hard surface like a rock or something... So it's obvious that his spine was severely injured... We aren't sure about him to be able to walk anymore-)

"Aiyoo... aiyooo... ayyaa... Appudi sollaatheenga saami, en pullaiya eppudi aachum kaapaathunga, haiyoo haiyoo en kolandha'yaa avan..."(no..no... Oh... My lord... Noo... Don't say like that... Please doctor... Save ... Save my son... Please...)

Even before he finishes the elder woman started to shout crying vigorously hitting her forehead and chest pleading him to save her only son while he shook his head at her,

"Inga paarunga, indha case la enaala onnum panna mudiyaathu, naa oru cardiologist enaala mudinja alavuku naa try paneetten, ippo neenga edhaachum orthopaedic surgeon or neurosurgeon aa thaan consult pannanum... " (Mam you should hear me out please... First of all this is not my department of case to check on... I'm a cardiologist and this is a case for the neurosurgeon or an orthopaedic surgeon... I had tried my level best, now the only think you can do is to take him to the appropriate specialist...)

He said being emotionless and the woman saw him with utter shock before crying more making him sigh... She turned to her husband who was also crying and without thinking much about it she fell on the doctor's feet and cried hard seeking his help while he took a step back ...

"Aiyyaa aiyyaa appudilaam sollaatheenga saami,engaluku eppudi aachum udhavi pannunga'yaa... En pulllaya kaapaathu saami..." (No.. no doctor.. please... Help us.. we don't have anyone to rely on... you are our only hope... and.. and please don't do this... You are equal to God for us... Please doctor ... Please save my son... please please...) She cried hard grabbing his palms and he turned to the nurse who pulled the woman from him immediately...

She pulled the woman up while the man took a step back, "Inga paarunga... Naa already sonnathu thaan, neenga Inga okaandhu alurathaala endha use um illa, oru cardiologist aa enaala indha treatment paaka mudiyaathu, neenga sollrathaala naa onnum kadavul aageeda mudiyaathu, so poyi oru nalla neurologist aa kaatunga..." (Listen madam, don't creat a pandemonium here... I may feel bad for you but I can't help with this situation...I have done my maximum and there is nothing left for me to hold on to this... Your only option now is to take him to a neurosurgeon or an orthopaedic surgeon... Even if you call me god or lord or anything, I am not going to be the one, so don't waste your time here...)

Saying so he moved away from them and the couple cried hard hitting their forehead not knowing what to do... The nurse saw the way he left with a huff and started to pacify the elder couple...