𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

Start from the beginning

Upon spotting her children, Esther gestured for them to approach and greeted them with a brief hug and a quick kiss on their heads. "Michelle, Alistair, would you guys mind giving Liam a short tour around the school? He's new."

"Sure thing, Mom," responded Michelle with a charming smile, sending a little wave at the man, before turning her attention to Liam.

"Well, hello there, the name's Alistair," said Alistair with a warm smile, extending his hand for Liam to shake. Up close, he noticed more details about the boy. Liam was short, reaching up to Alistair's chest, with short dark brown hair highlighted with blond hues, and his eyes were a piercing baby blue. There was something undeniably endearing about him that made Alistair smile, awakening a sense of protectiveness within him, making him feel like a mama lion looking at her cub.

With a shy smile and his cheeks flushing red, Liam shook Alistair's hand, perhaps a little too strongly. "L-Liam," the boy stammered, taking in Alistair's physique. "Are you in lacrosse?" His voice sounded filled with excitement at the prospect.

Anticipating Liam's reaction to his response, Alistair quickly said in an apologetic tone, "No, sorry."

Liam's face momentarily faltered before he softly smiled again, speaking in a subtle voice, "Oh, you look really good." His unintended compliment caused Liam's eyes to widen, and he covered his mouth, his cheeks turning even redder than before.

The amusing situation elicited chuckles from everyone present. Alistair playfully ruffled Liam's hair, remarking, "Aren't you adorable? Let's go, blue eyes." With a little farewell wave to the entertained adults, Alistair led the way, Liam and Michelle following close behind.

During their improvised tour, the siblings showed Liam around the school, taking him to various classrooms and different rooms in the building. Alistair couldn't help laughing softly as he heard the attempted flirting exchanges between his sister and the boy, smiling to himself. Also, Alistair noticed Liam stealing glances at him on multiple occasions, each time causing the boy's cheeks to flush, he could only smile and shake his head.

The last stop was the coach's office, as per Liam's request, as he wished to be signed in the lacrosse team, stating his excellence in the sport. As they entered the office, Alistair exclaimed, "Coach Finstock!" Startled, the coach jumped in his chair. "Let me introduce you to Liam Dunbar." He placed a hand on Liam's shoulders, ensuring the coach could see him. "Your next big star on the team." The coach's eyes lit up at the prospect, as the team really needed good players urgently.

While Coach Finstock searched for the necessary paperwork, Alistair addressed Liam, "I'm going to head to class now, and you have a class with Michelle, so stick with her. If you need anything, just find me, okay?" After receiving a nod in response, he affectionately ruffled Liam's hair once again with a smile on his face and bid Michelle farewell with a kiss on her forehead before leaving the office.

After the day's classes had concluded, Alistair patiently waited for Michelle to emerge, so he could drive her home. To his surprise, she wasn't alone. Walking alongside her were two boys, Liam and another one with dark skin.

As Michelle approached him, she greeted Alistair, while Liam, his cheeks flushing red once again, raised his hand in greeting, and the other boy, Mason, flashed an almost flirty smile and extended his hand. "I'm Mason," he introduced himself.

Alistair shook Mason's hand with a friendly smile. "I'm Alistair, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Can you drive us home?" Michelle inquired.

Looking at the boys and then back at his sister, Alistair replied, "But, of course. What's an older brother for if not to be a chauffeur?" In a mocking manner, he opened the back seat and gestured for the boys to enter, eliciting laughs from them.