Chapter 9: Part 1- Where are we?

"Hey, wake up" I heard someone say

"Huh?" I open my eyes

"We have arrived... somewhere... not splatsville though" Viper told me

"Why?" I ask

"Unknown, maybe someone had a stop here?" Viper suggested

I get up and look out the window...

A desert...

"Should we explore?" I ask

"Agent 1 and 2 are already out and investigating why we stopped so I don't see why not" VIper 

answered

"Alright, wanna stick with me?"

"Sure, the other agents haven't arrived yet"

I walk out the train...

And I see... Reptilians and inklings? Co-existing?

I want to ask them... but Sakuya said no power usage

"Viper, you think you can talk to them?" I ask

"No, I do not know reptilian which is the language they use."

If the two are already co-existing... why did the leader want inklings and octolings dead...?

'I finally figured it out Cosmo!' Sakuya finally said something... and it caught me off guard

'Oh? Is power good now?' I ask

'No, speaking to you right now is of no risk and I have information that makes it worth it'

'What info?'

'The leader, he wasn't intentionally acting this way, he is corrupted, which is how their bond is still intact'

'Corrupted?'

'Well, he is more of possessed by the weapon spirit thus breaking the bond is only a temporary set back. This weapon spirit isn't like me, it runs on dark energy, preying on the desperate and tricking them into becoming a host'

'Runs on dark energy? Do you run on an energy of some kind then too?'

'Yes and no, I run on the strength of the bond and life force, but I do not need it to live, only to grow stronger.'

'Is that the same with this weapon spirit... but instead of life force or bond... it's dark energy?'

'Yes, dark energy is emulated from hostility, hatred, just about anything evil'

'I didn't sense any dark energy off of Octavio... must not be right'

'Octavio isn't as bad as you think he is... sure, not the best leader but he does care for his octolings... just isn't good at showing it.'

'Wait, backing away from Octavio... you said the spirit preys on the desperate and manipulates them?'

'Yes?'

'It manipulated the leader into wanting inklings and octolings dead... and it keeps manipulating him further to emulate more dark energy... creating a free source of power... and if trying to 

sever the bond doesn't work... hate to say it... but might have to put him down to get rid of the spirit.'

'You'd have slice or simply destroy both their brain and their heart in one blow... that is the only way to kill the spirit, any other way would just kill the host and the spirit will leave the body'