Chapter 1:Training/Pre-Test

"C'mon... do we have to do this everyday all the time? I barely get to meet anyone else outside of my area..." I was tired of this continuous training, I get they want me to be one of the best but shouldn't they wait till I'm fourteen?

        My trainer responded, "yes, we have to do this training, you're a new prototype of octoling training. Your results will tell if this training should be applied to other octoling soldiers." His face seemed almost emotionless, maybe he didn't like the idea of training at such a young age rather than living a good life. But his face changed when I mentioned that I haven't met anyone, he looked surprised? No, he knows my living conditions as it was part of the training... then why did his expression change? After what felt like an eternity of staring at each other, he responded "I'll put in word to see if you can meet and get to know others... as teamwork is important."

     After several years, I've become friends with some older octoling soldiers who told their legendary tales. Some told me about how they've stopped a whole inkling army on their own with just a slosher. Others told me about stories of friendships and how they worked as a team to overcome many obstacles. They even left many gifts for me and occasionally helped me on my trained even till my big day. I was officially fourteen now which means I should be able to unlock my octoling form. My trainer woke me up for the day and told me, "get up, time for you to become a true octoling warrior, your gear is set by your bed." I got up and didn't realize... I was already in my octoling form. I stood there in shock while looking in a mirror at myself.

     "Why don't I have bigger thicker hair like the other elite octolings?" I asked my trainer.

     "not all elites have the same hair, in fact, that is purely genetical but that doesn't mean they are the best." My trainer responded. "Now cmon, it's time for your soldier test"

      "Already?!?" I exclaimed "I just got my octoling form-" I was cut off by my trainer. "just remember your training and you'll do just fine"

       I simply nodded and took a deep breath and put on our octoling gear. I prepared myself and walking towards the testing field, but when I arrive, I felt the gaze of almost every octarian in this base. I knew I was under intense pressure to succeed in this test but I knew if I succeeded, I'd be able to go on real missions with real octarians.