"You went years without it."

"I like your company as well."

"You went years without that."

He smiled, placing his hand on my thigh over the covers.

"This would be happening if you didn't come into my cathedral. I would've stayed there for two more of your lifetimes." He told me.

"It was an accident. If I knew you were what I'd find I wouldn't have gone."

His pleasant expression left as it became cold.

"You're going to cope with this. You brought it on yourself, darling. Now, I heard your food get served, I'll be back with food and a glass of water." He patted my thigh and handed me my laptop.

"I know you have homework."

He left.

I opened my laptop, sitting up and in a crisscrossed position.

He brought my things, pulling my desk chair to be beside me as I logged in.

He fed me and I said nothing as I ate and completed my assignments.

"Do vampires sleep?"

"No."

"You're fine in the sun too."

"Mmhm."

"How about garlic myths?"

"There's garlic in this."

"Have you tried human food?"

He ate a tortellini off my fork.

He shrugged.

"It's like mush. I might've convinced myself I liked it before I had you."

"I feel like an object with how you speak of me."

"How am I supposed to talk? Like I'm not your predator? Like you're not my prey?" He asked.

"I don't know. I just feel like a supplier to you. Like I'm donating myself unwillingly for your satisfaction."

"Did it hurt?"

"What?"

"When I bit you, did it hurt?" He asked.

"I don't remember." I tried recalling but all I felt was adrenaline and panic.

He hummed, "that's good".

He fed me more. Made me drink water after every three forkfuls.

"How do you feel about who you used to be versus what's happening now?"

"I'm unsure. I thought I knew myself. But human life is so short that I might've not truly known. I don't regret being a priest but I do think it goes against who I am now."

"Don't you think what you're doing with me is wrong?"

He smiled.

"I don't think I have a guilty conscience anymore."

"Meaning?"

"I enjoy you, I like who you are, all of my wants are selfish, I don't care much when you cry, as terrible as it sounds. I enjoy it. I may be a sadist but I don't care about your tears or pleads." His red eyes burned into me.

"I wish you did."

"Am I that unlikeable?"

"No. But I feel chained. I don't feel free. I feel bound and stuck." I hated this feeling.

"That makes sense. Especially since you're so young and just gained freedom." He nodded, feeding me another bite.

"I'm sorry you feel that way. Genuinely, I am. I have... empathy for you. But I feel nothing else. I went to college parties over the past few days, seeing if anyone sparked me like you. But I inhale and you burn in my lungs. I look at the girls in small dress attire and I think of your collarbones against your black sweaters. They wear pink makeup when you already have that. I wish I could find a piece of emotion within me that actually feels bad for you but I don't. Because I'm satisfied." He explained.

That did make sense. And I couldn't help but feel flattered. He's beautiful, his features deep and profoundly masculine, lips softer and nose slightly crooked, eyes usually blue but red swam among them now. His black hair was done and curly, some curls on his forehead and he didn't seem to mind them.

He was gorgeous. But he wasn't human. He was stronger than 100 copies of me, probably more. That scared me.

I finished the food and the glass of water.

I also was done with tonight's work.

"Good girl, darling. It's late. You should rest."

I nodded, curling under my covers, his hand gently tracing the features of my face, giving me chills with his ice cold temperature.

I'd stop him but I was sinking into sleep with such ease.