The Beginning of the End

Start from the beginning

He'd grown a bit, to the point you HAD to go on your tippy-toes to hug or kiss him. Was honestly sexy, if you had to admit.

"You don't look sick," He muttered, and you almost scoffed.

You'd called in sick to work, you weren't in the mood to go, especially because of your coworkers.

"I just didn't wanna go," with another heavy sigh, you walked over to the living room of the apartment and let yourself sink into the cushions.

Alhaitham and you have been living in this apartment together since maybe 2 months after graduation. Kaveh sold their apartment and finally got out of debt, and the rest of the group moved on.

"Why?" Alhaitham asked, making his way over to you. "You've been upset lately- is it because you miss everyone?"

Ayato and them moved back to Inazuma for their own graduation and stayed there, Signora had gone with them to start her clothing line with Ayato and Pantalone of course followed.

Alhaitham's friend group moved all over the world. Dehya was now even in Mondstadt's army. Cyno, Tighnari and Candance are the only ones still in Sumeru.

Your original group now consisting of Childe and Scaramouche, moved back to Snezhnaya. they visit often. Diluc and Kaeya moved to Mondstadt.

In short terms, it's been 2 years, now everyone moved on, and no one kept in contact anymore.

Xiao and you don't even talk much anymore. You've just left him to focus on his studies.

"I just don't like our coworkers," You admitted to him, who looked at you confused.

"Why?" He asked, sounding confused and almost shocked. "They're great!"

"To you." You muttered under your breath, rolling your eyes.

You, Cyno and Alhaitham all worked together at a detective agency, which was all men. You were the only girl, and you were seen more as an intern than a rookie detective. Alhaitham and Cyno were praised because they were men, yet you were the one who got coffee every morning and would do everyone's work.

They're all sexist; it's so obvious. They make jokes to Alhaitham if you do the cooking and cleaning for him like the housewife you are. They've even gone so far asking if you're obedient In bed and letting him be dominant.

They're messed in the head.

One of them, Kevin, is super weird. He's almost Alhaitham's height, with dark brown slicked back hair that was so greasy, and he is a major perv.

You always catch him staring at your cleavage, it shocks you how Alhaitham doesn't notice.

"Well, I was gonna ask if you'd like to come drinking with us tonight?" He smirked, standing up. "Maybe you don't like them because you never talk to them."

You wanted to say no- absolutely not were you gonna drink with your weird coworkers, but Alhaitham just had the sweetest smile on his face and...

"Is Cyno gonna be there?"

"Obviously."

With one last heavy sigh, "fine."

Alhaitham grinned. "Wear that one black dress; You'll look so sexy in it."

You could only fake a laugh.

~~~

HUGE MISTAKE.

Half an hour in and you're barely included in the conversations, your coworkers and boyfriends are laughing their asses off- hell, they're the loudest in the bar.