Chapter 35 - Final Chapter

Four identical groans echoed around the healing room that Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki had set up, both fathers waiting for their sons to wake. Which seemed like it was unlikely especially since three long years had passed since the battle on the rooftops. Leah was now 18, Rose and Travis 16, they were certainly getting older. The children were always visiting their parents and uncles who remained in a state of sleep. 

Hearing the groans the watcher at the time was April and Donnie’s only child, Jacob who was 17. The young man having turned into his own type of warrior, he and others sat a constant vigil on the four heroes as the younger ones called them while those older knew they were legends. 

“Urgh…my head hurts…” 

Jacob whipped around only to gasp seeing his uncle Mikey awake. He immediately hit the call button and within seconds Yoshi, Saki, April and Renet appeared. 

“Who hit me?” Donnie sat up holding his head, groaning only to blink seeing a worried April standing in front of him, “Woah…you changed your hair, what did I miss?” Donnie muttered, April could only wrap him up, he gently held her as confusion spread through his mind until he caught the look of his son, Jacob was staring at him in utter shock. He was taller and much older, Donnie frowned to himself until another voice broke through the room…

“Oh fuck….did anyone get the number of that bus….argh” 

“Raph, language” Leo’s voice followed only for him to sit up and pull the miserable man close, Raph immediately hugged back while the loved ones in the room almost broke down. 

“My son, what happened? You fell and no one could…” 

Hearing his birth language, Raphael whipped around only to see tears falling from his fathers eyes, without hesitation Raph extracted himself from Leo and stumbled over to his father who eagerly pulled him into a hug. It looked strange from an outside point of view but no one judged the once ruthless villain who was just a broken father holding his son tightly to his chest. To be fair, Raph didn’t look his age, even if it was 35 now. He probably could still pull off being younger than what he was. 

“Wait, we have been asleep for three years?! What about the cartoons, our…” Mikey whined from his place in his own fathers arms. Hamato Yoshi only smiled holding all of his unsteady sons close. 

“Where are the kids?!” Raphael exclaimed, his worry shown through his tone as he tried to walk only for his leg’s to not work. His body fell forward, Leo lunged to grab him only to land on the floor himself, but cushioning his mate’s fall. 

“They are fine. Jacob, has gone to get them but the reason for your weak legs is due to you not being awake for three years, have patience Raph” April giggled when the hothead tried to whack her only to give up and slump into a now sitting up Leo, both of them helped from the floor and onto the more comfortable sofa in the now lounge area they had been moved into. 

Not even an hour later, the room was disturbed by a heavily furious young woman who took one look at her parents, Raph as always was curled up in Leo’s arms. 

“You have no idea what you left me with! Rose and Travis are insane!” 

Leo at first couldn’t translate the perfect japanese but from the smile on his husband’s face, he knew it was something worth it. 

“I thought you’d like a challenge” Raph teased his eldest who stalked over only to kneel in front of her parents, “I’m sorry Leah”.

Hearing her mothers apology, Leah immediately launched herself at her mother’s chest as she took out her frustrations on the two in a rant. Leo could only smile wrapping both Raph and Leah up when two sets of footsteps had both parents looking up to see Rose and Travis, the twins basically dived at them. Leo nearly lost a tooth when Rose nutted him while Travis tucked himself close into Raph and Leah’s chest. The two of them held him tightly.