Chapter 28

A year had passed since the heroes of the city had saved their home, many of them had to find homes but thankfully they were provided by a good few allies. Those who were originally mutants found themselves with special abilities, they had the ability to change into their spirits. Akio had taught many of them with Ikkou demonstrating even Casey could shapeshift. His favourite was a snake, which he liked to prank others with especially Pete, the young man always ran away in fear. 

Although the Hamato and Saki Clan were sworn enemies from years of history, one little bundle of joy had united them for the first time in history. Her name was Leah Hamato-Saki, she was one year old and was a troublemaker. 

Thankfully Aruma never charged any of them rent so they didn't have to worry about that but they did have to pay gas and electricity bills as Aruma couldn't cover it all. So many of them got jobs, due to his intelligence Donatello ended up working in a science lab, something he had always wanted to do. Looking for cures to diseases. Mikey ended up going to college with Casey and April while Leo ended up getting a job teaching children in self defence such as Karate. He used his lessons for good. The foot clan headquarters had opened their doors to these types of lessons. Leo and Karai ran classes and made the place look more welcoming while the foot clan, the human side, was divided between New York and Japan. 

Even Rahzar and Fishface had been saved by Donatello's retro mutagen. A few older ones of the group decided to help out while one individual actually studied from home while he raised his daughter. Yes, Raphael was training on engineering while he watched his daughter. He was able to do mechanics but needed qualifications as he couldn't exactly explain that he was a turtle most of his life and he worked on bikes/cars to go into battle in an interview.

But for the time being, Leah was with Hamato Yoshi who had taken many months to come up with an apology to Raphael who just rolled his eyes and told him to promise to never to hurt Leah and then they were even but it didn't mean he wasn't going to stop calling him the 'rat'. Yoshi could only accept those terms as he knew the hothead of the family was basically an exploding temple half of the time. 

With Leah being away, gave Raphael time to do what he had been wanting to do for quite a while. He left the apartment he shared with Leo and his daughter while their brother's lived across the hallway, technically they all lived in the same apartment, it was just separated by a living room in the centre. Mikey just liked to call it two apartments. 

Climbing on the bike he had passed on through a driving test that his father made him take and soon enough his dad and mother agreed to. He had three pushy parents and a helicopter big brother who was always watching, sometimes he couldn't get enough of his family but he wouldn't change them for the world. Of course he was thinking about Saki, Tigerclaw, Aruma and Slash, he wasn't even going to bring his lover into this. That was another story that could last for many years and quite frankly there wasn’t a word in the universe that could summon up Leo’s protective behaviour for his family. 

Placing his helmet on he blasted down the highway, heading for one direction, a place unknown to many but he knew it as a calming place where he first learned many things about his childhood. It took a good twenty minute drive as he found a place to park his bike just outside of a hidden hut. He climbed off only to walk around the hut, he was always on guard ever since having Leah, he became very protective more so than he was beforehand. 

Silently he walked towards an old willow tree that sat on a hill surrounded by many flowers, all different kinds. It was a place called the 'eternal' garden, very few knew about it and only one individual lived there. Raphael couldn't help but smile as he walked through the gardens until he reached the willow tree where a certain individual sat in a meditation position. Moving slowly, he lay down until his head was resting in the individual's lap. He stayed there, remaining silent until the other made the direct move.