Chapter 11

“LEO WAKE UP! EMERGENCY BRO!” 

Leonardo jumped up grabbing his swords standing protectively over the now awake grumpy Raphael. There standing in the doorway was Casey Jones who looked to have been for a run. “What is it Casey?!” Leo asked climbing off the bed since it didn’t seem like an actual emergency, the hockey vigilante smirked. He moved aside when a shoe was violently thrown his way, “Something has happened to Master Splinter!” April cried out appearing beside Casey. 

Leo paled looking at the two as he and a grumbling Raph followed their friends into the main room of the apartment where Donnie and Mikey were eagerly waiting for them with the mutanimals, Karai and two Claw members. Slash moved slightly so Raph could sit beside him, the grumpy teenager sat beside his long-term friend/brother who lifted an arm for the teenager to cuddle into his side. Raphael did just that as he listened to the conversation.

“What happened?” Leonardo demanded looking at the room which had taken a dive into silence. 

“Your father said he would pop a message, don’t ask me where I didn’t ask. That was last night after his partial argument with Raphael. He hasn’t been seen since…well….” Alopex looked off to the side, her brother placed a hand on her shoulder as he eyed the room. “Since what?!” Leo looked at Tigerclaw who sighed, “I ask Dantzer and Arum to see if they could locate him. This morning about an hour ago, Dantzer forgot to report in not that I blame him, he hardly does but Arum always does. So when I noticed my partner hadn’t, I traced his steps to find these” Tigerclaw explained as he pulled out a cloth and once he unravelled it. 

There lying on the coffee table were three items covered in what looked like blood, “Is that…?” Donnie gasped as he looked down at the objects. There on the table was Splinter's cane and Arum’s daggers. Beside the objects was none other than the symbol of the Crux Clan. Leonardo let out an angry shout as he turned his back on the room, it certainly woke those who were half-asleep. Donnie and Mikey turned to see their older brother trying to take the weight of the world on his shoulders yet again. The two sighed ready to say something when Leonardo suddenly hit the floor hard.

“What the hell?!” Leo shouted at Raphael who stood there with his famous smirk and his arms crossed, “Feel better?” Raph asked with a hint of sarcasm. Leo only nodded accepting the hand up, he wrapped an arm around the red hooded teenager. Raph continued to smirk especially when he saw the looks from the others. The pregnant teenager loved every minute of the shocked looks, a kick to his stomach made him grumble to himself but soft hands rubbed his back in comfort. Looking up emerald eyes connected with sharp blue ones, Leo lifted Raph’s chin to close the distance between them when a noise dropped their focus on each other. “Ahem!” April’s voice brought two identical glares her way, she held her hands up. 

“Tigerclaw, Dantzers tracker just came online!” Alopex called looking at her small tracker screen. Tigerclaw nodded, “I will remain here with Raphael and the mutanimals for the time being. Clan Hamato I wish you all luck” Tigerclaw announced to the room, he expected some type of complaint from Raphael but when none came from the already yawning teenager. Tigerclaw just shook his head wrapping him up in his arms, Raph sank into them. 

The ‘turtles’ stood in shock looking at their hothead who didn’t even protest, “Donnie, Mikey. Let’s go” Leo ordered, his eyes connecting with his partners before they all left out the door. Karai and Alopex leading the way. Slash and the mutanimals gave the group their own words of ‘luck’ and told them they were on standby in case anything else happened. After ten minutes of following the signal which had been boosted by Donatello, the group arrived at what looked like a warehouse. Using the shadows to their advantage, they snuck through the warehouse using the stacked up boxes as cover, something seemed off and it was screaming ‘trap!’ to Leonardo, who signalled for his brothers to be cautious. They had to remind themselves constantly that they weren’t turtles, they were human so the extra protection of their shells was gone.