Chapter 10

Sunlight streamed through the window of the apartment, still feeling quite foreign to those who had lived in secluded or underground most of their lives. A certain youngster in the early hours of the morning was practising his training in the room beside his bedroom where another teenager was sleeping blissfully. A quiet knock on the door alerted the katana-wielding young man to a visitor, silently he creeped to the door to answer it. “Leo, Can we come in?” None other than Donatello and Michelangelo were at the door, Leo smiled at them greeting them with a ‘good morning’ before allowing them into the apartment. The three slowly made their way to the kitchen where Leo offered them some refreshments which turned out to be freshly squeezed orange or apple juice. 

“So what can I do for you?” Leo asked quietly, his eyes not leaving the door which connected to the bedroom where Raphael slept. “We just came over for some closure and to check if Raph was alright” Donnie stated, Leo nodded looking at Mikey who held his hand up like a child would. “Yes Mikey?”. The orange hoodie teenager smiled as he addressed the elephant in the room, “Is Raph alright? Yesterday was scary and it terrified me, god knows what…” Tears interrupted his speech as yesterday's events caught up on them all. Leonardo grimaced, he had no idea how his partner was but he just hoped he was. Donatello didn’t know how to react, he went to reach for his baby brother when a voice from the doorway halting them all in their tracks. 

“I’m good Mike, yeah it was out right terrifying but I’m fine for now. Tell you what? If I don’t feel right, I’ll come and see you right away, yeah!” Raphael said from where he was leaning against the doorframe. “Yeah, Raph. That would be good” Mikey exclaimed as he pulled the pregnant teenager into his arms. Raphael hugged back for a long time knowing the youngest needed this as much as he did. Soon enough the other two brothers joined in the hug. After about five minutes, Raph elbowed Leo in the ribs making the older brother chuckle, he gestured for the others to let go. “I’m hungry” Raph whined looking at Leo who smiled at him. Donnie and Mikey shared a smile as they watched Leo kiss Raph’s forehead. “Let’s go get some food then” Leo spoke with his ‘Captain Ryan’ voice that resulted in a groan from Raph and a punch in the shoulder courtesy of his lover. 

Leo wrapped an arm around Raph as they walked. Mikey skipped in front of them while Donnie trailed next to him. The four soon found themselves a little lost but found a sign that said ‘kitchen’ third floor. So the four headed down the stairs since Raph made a firm ‘no’ with the lift. Despite Mikey’s pouting, the group still took the stairs. Raph smirked the whole way enjoying every moment of it. One floor of the apartment complex was dedicated to a guest floor, there was a wide open space of a lounge and a kitchen. It wasn’t until they were near the door of the third floor that the smell of food hit all of their senses, Mikey rushed in followed quickly by Raph. Leo and Donnie just shared a smile. 

“Hey guys! We were wondering when you were going to join us?!” April exclaimed to bright for 08:00am in the morning or so Raphael thought. Casey smirked from one of the sofa’s where he sat with a humanised Dr Rockwell and Pete. 

Alopex greeted them from the island with her cup of coffee in her hand. There were a few plates out containing freshly made pancakes, fruit and toast courtesy of Tigerclaw who stood cooking the breakfast with Arum cleaning the dishes. Master Splinter sat in a chair that looked out towards the city, Leo greeted his father before helping himself to a plate or two plates since Raphael had made himself comfortable on the square sofa with Donatello who sat opposite him. Leonardo shook his head, picking up some fruit and a yoghurt, nothing too heavy for Raph since his lover seemed to complain about nausea in the morning. 

“Good morning, everyone!” Leatherhead greeted coming into the room with a half-awake Slash, the older one looking relatively angry that he had been woken up at this time in the morning. At least he wasn’t the only one, Slash took a glance around the room and smirked at the almost sleeping Raphael curled into one of the sofa’s corners.