Chapter 12

Sirius' hands were trembling as he crouches down and gently cups his pup's cheeks. "You've finally gained some weight huh?" Before Sirius can say anything else the raven haired boy jumps into his arms. "I thought you were dead!" He felt like he was going to throw up. How was this possible? He saw him fall through the vale! He watched him get hit by the killing curse! 

"I thought I was dead as well... hey- hey it's ok, we have plenty of time to catch up in the future but first I need you to catch up on your breathing. Feel my neck pup-" Hadrian didn't even notice the sudden panic attack he was having until his godfather pointed out the lack of air he was getting. He shakily obey's as he puts his hand on the man's neck. Thump-thump-thump- he softly smiles as he could clearly hear his heartbeat. "Now try to match your breathing alright pup? Can you do that for me?" Harry softly nods. "I-I can do that-"

Slowly the teen takes breaths trying to match his dogfather's breaths. Slowly his hands grew more steady as his breathing matched his guardian's naturally again. "Better?" He softly nods.

"B-but how?" 

"How about I explain that in his room?" Hadrians big green eyes look up at his mate's grey ones and he softly nods. If Harry was color, then Jack was black and white. Just like their eyes, yet they complimented each other perfectly. "Excuse me Black." Without a warning more he picks up his little master and carries him to their room. Though technically it's his destined one's, after all death doesn't need sleep. Death is the infinite dream world. 

The dog couldn't help but turn into his actual dog form and strut as close as he could to them as they walk all the way back. He lays down at the end of his godson's bed as he watches death tuck in his favorite child with tender love and care. He could never have imagined death to be able to be so gentle, caring and.... almost forgiving. Maybe death wasn't so bad? Maybe death could be a welcome end to people's pain, a welcome ending to a life that had been given and came to an end. He doesn't just take, he also gives. 

As Jack explains his heart what had happened the boy pats his best friend's head attentively listening. 

"So let me get this straight. While he got hit with the killing curse, because he fell into the vale while dying it stopped the effects and softened the attack that was still being comprehended by his body, causing him to go into a coma instead until he got pulled out. And there's thousands more innocent, and not so innocent people, who the Ministry tried to shut up by kill cursing them and pushing them through the vale so there'd be no body to silence them?"

Jack nods unable but slightly smile. His little mate is so smart to be able to catch on so quick. "Don't worry love. We'll deal with them soon. But for now, why don't you listen to some of Lord Black's stories and try to get some sleep?" The raven haired boy can't help but nod and give him a soft smile as the dog becomes a man again and starts to talk. Jack slowly closes the door behind him as he hears Sirius starting to tell Hadrian about the Marauders back in the day. Death had some work to do. After all, it's not just those who crossed his mate who meet their end today. He sighs as he looks at his list. 46 car-crashes, 73 heart-attacks and 365 natural old age deaths. Luckily he only has Britain. His employees do the rest of the world. He has about millions of people working for him, guiding souls to the afterlife and about a thousand filing the paperwork complaining about getting a raise. Yep. This was going to be another loooong night dealing with complaints on top of field work.