Chapter Twenty [Public]

*HANNAH'S POV*

My eyes fluttered open. The first thing I saw was Niall's desk, facing me. I felt a pressure around my waist. I looked down to find my half naked body embraced by Liam's. He was holding me, my back against his chest, in a half sitting position. My legs were stretched over his. The slow and steady rising and falling of his chest soothed me. He was still sleeping.

I felt strange. I don't know why. My throat was tight and I felt like there was a hundred-pound weight on my shoulders. 

I glanced around and noticed Liam and I weren't on the bed. We were on the floor, against the bed. There were pillows all over the floor and the bed sheets were a mess. What happened ?

Liam groaned lowly as his chin moved from the nape of my neck to my shoulder. I felt him wake up slowly. His hands slid up my waist, stopping when nearing my chest. 

"Hey, love." He whispered in my ear. "Feeling alright ?" He asked.

"No... What happened ?" I twisted my upper body to face him, breaking contact with his hands on my waist.

He squinted his eyes for a second before washing off the perplexed expression, "well... You started crying in the middle of the night. Then you screamed and kicked. I don't know why though. You couldn't speak. I tried calming you down but it didn't do much..." He said. 

My eyes clenched shut as most of the memory of the night came back. "Why did we fall asleep here ?" I asked, re-opening my eyes. 

"You tried to run away, screaming and crying. I caught up with you and tried to soothe you. Eventually, we fell asleep here." He explained. "You really don't remember that ?" He asked.

I shook my head. "But I guess that means my ribs are partly recovered." I gave him a weak smile, attempting to change the subject.

He smiled, "yeah, that's great. We can do something today, if you'd like." He stroked my leg lightly. 

"Uh... Yeah. Like what ?" I asked taken aback by his gesture.

He stopped, probably realizing it confused me. "Whatever you like, love. We could go get diner, or go to the cinema... It's your choice." He smiled. 

I bit my lower lip, glancing down at the floor. "I... I'd like to see Niall." I whispered. I looked up to meet Liam's eyes; they were  opened wide. But that quickly faded. 

"Uh... Sure. Yeah, we could do that. When would you like to go ?" He asked.

"What time is it now ?"

He looked at his watch, his eyes widening again, "1PM." 

"Then I'd like to go now."

_________________________________

An hour later, we were standing in front of room 203. Niall's room. I looked at Liam who was standing right beside me, holding my hand.

"How bad does he look ?" I asked. He looked back at me.

"Not bad. Just... Out of reach." He whispered. "You should go alone." He said.

"No, I can't-"

"Yes, you can." He cut me "You were in the car too. I think you need to be alone with him." .

I shot him a look. His grip on my hand loosened as he walked away. I stared at the door for a while.

Why am I here ? What will I see ? Will I be scared ? Sad ? ... Relieved ?

I took a deep breath before opening the door, slowly. I took a step forward and closed the door. When I turned around, Niall was a few meters from me, laying on a hospital bed, unconscious. I took careful steps towards the bed, his damaged body becoming clearer and clearer. My breath became hitched as his face came into focus. Deep cuts. Everywhere. 

The consistent beeping of the heart monitor only added to my insanity. At least that annoying sound meant good. 

Wait... No. I was rooting for something that obligated my own pain. I shouldn't want Niall to recover. I should be happy about this. 

But damn it, why do I care ? And why the fuck am I crying ?

I wiped a stray tear as my hand found his. I intertwined our fingers and whispered,

"I hate you Niall. You make me feel things I don't want to feel." I let out a small chuckle as another tear hit my wrist on top of Niall's. Just as I spoke, I heard a beat quicken. My mouth dropped. 

The door opened. "Miss, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Unless you're family or particularly close to the patient." A nurse said from behind me. The following words flew out of my mouth before I could stop myself.

"I'm his girlfriend." I immediately bit my lip in regret. What the hell is wrong with me ?! 

"Oh... Alright. 10 minutes max." She said before shutting the door, leaving me alone with Niall again. 

"You see ? That's what I'm talking about." I told the non-responding body laying in front of me. "You drive me insane, Niall. I can't handle this. I should hate you, I really should..." I said, getting more emotional than intended. As soon as I shut my mouth, it felt like all the rest of my feelings were blocked up at my throat, waiting to be set free. I couldn't hold it, I had to let it out. And now was the perfect time. Niall was in coma, he'll never know about it. I took a deep breath,

"Do you know how much you hurt me ? I didn't leave my room in weeks after I left you. You think it was easy for me ? To leave the boy I was fucking in love with ?!" My voice cracked on the last words. "And then seeing your face, everyday. Hearing about how wonderful your life was without me. While I mourned day and night. And you came back. Like this was all a game for you from the start. Well, it wasn't for me ! You don't know how many times I tried starting over with another guy. Trying to forget you. But everything they'd say and do, I'd always compare it to you. And that was enough to ruin it all. Because you were amazing, Niall. And God fucking knows the pain you've afflicted me." 

A tear rolled down my cheek. I quickly swiped it away. "And now, I'm talking to the soulless body of one who saved my life. But who ruined it also. Because in the end of the game, it's clear I'm the loser. I still can't fucking hate you while you toy around with my feelings again and again. And after convincing me of your aversion towards me, you'd prove the opposite. I can't deal with that. Why can't you just let me leave ? Why can't you forget everything and let me go ?!" I half yelled at him. I sniveled, staring at his emotionless face. A small part of me wished he'd have heard that. That he'd wake up soon and remember all this. But maybe he won't... wake up. 

I turned around, making my way to the door. I placed my hand on the cold door knob, and just stood there for a second. I shook all thoughts out of my head and slowly twisted the knob before being stopped dead in my actions by a weak, husky voice.

"Because I love you." 

______________________________

Wooooot! I hope you guys enjoyed this chappie! Because it's the last one... End of story :( I really enjoyed writing this and all your support... 

Kidding ! Gah I'm such a horrible person :P Ooooh! And I reached 250 thousand views ! Holy motherfu-... Yep so thank you :D !! You guys are amazing . You really make me feel worthy :) Thank you . <3