Chapter Twelve

*HANNAH'S POV* 

I woke up to warm chestnut eyes set on my own. Liam was a few inches from my face, resting on his arm.

"Morning love" He whispered smiling 

"It's still the morning?" I asked while rubbing my eyes. He chuckled 

"Yeah. You've only rested an hour. It's 10 at the moment" He moved a strand of hair out of my face "If you're still tired go back to sleep. Alright?" He raised an eyebrow 

"Yes daddy" I giggled 

He smirked and got out of bed, making his way to his closet. He pulled his sleeping shirt over his head and threw it in the hamper.  

I stared at his well sculpted back. If he could only turn aroun- Okay, no. Just no.  

His back still facing me, he put on a blue plaid shirt which he buttoned up leaving the top two unbuttoned. He then grabbed a pair of boxers and pants and walked over to his bathroom.  

He came back a couple minutes later fully dressed and had brushed his short wavy hair to his forehead.  

"Need anything, love?" He asked and sat down next to me. I shook my head. He took a deep breath "I'm sorry this all happened to you" He whispered with glistening eyes. 

"Thank you" I whispered while looking deeply into his eyes. I didn't really know how to respond to his compassion.  

He looked at me intensely as if debating on telling me something. He took a deep breath 

"How long did you and Niall date?" He whispered. He perceived my surprised expression and added, distressed "You don't have to-" 

"3 years." I said 

He seemed startled at first that I answered his question. But this expression soon vanished to ...Unsettlement? 

"Oh..." He stared at the floor "That's, uhm... That's a long time..."  

I stayed quiet. 

"How did you meet?" He finally asked 

"We went to school together." I spoke uncomfortable. I didn't like talking about Niall. In fact, I hated it. But for some reason I didn't want Liam to catch up on that. I could tell he felt incomplete with my answers. But he probably didn't want to submerge me with questions either. 

"Niall was amazing. He was the kind of boyfriend who would sing you to sleep, watch you open your eyes in the morning, make you laugh to no end, treat you like a princess even though we had no money, deprive himself of food, sleep and anything he loved to know why you had been upset. Niall was a sweet, loving, caring and attentive boyfriend. And I don't think I've cared for anything more than I've cared for him." There. I gave him a complete description of how Niall was to me while we dated. Well, the 2 years and a half of our relationship to be exact but Liam doesn't know that... 

Liam was quiet. He seemed very distraught. 

"Did you love him?" He asked in a choked voice 

"Yes." I said 

"Do you still?" He was fidgeting with his fingers again. A nervous tick of his. 

I was extremely disturbed by his question. How can he even ask me that?  

"I-" 

"Hey Hannah I got you-" Louis burst in the room and cut himself once he realized he was interrupting "Oh. Sorry didn't mean to intrude"