Chapter Nineteen

*LIAM’S POV*

I knocked at Niall’s bedroom door. There was no answer. I opened the door and found Hannah asleep on Niall’s laptop. I shook her a bit.

“Hannah…” I whispered. She opened her eyes. I noticed how puffy they were. She’s been crying.

She lifted her head up a bit and shut Niall’s laptop; “hey…” her voice was hoarse. I sat down beside her.

“How are you feeling?” I asked.

 She cleared her throat, “not so well.”

 “Because of what you saw?” I nodded at the computer. She was silent. “You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to,” I whispered taking a hold of her hand.

She set her glistening blue eyes on mine, “he saved my life, Liam,” her voice cracked.

I looked down at our intertwined fingers and gulped. “He did,” I said.

“Has he woken up?” she asked, a hint of hope in her voice. I gave her hand a squeeze and shook my head slowly. She nodded, looking away. “How long have I been sleeping for?”

“5 hours.” I said, “It’s 11PM at the moment.”

*HANNAH’S POV*

“5 hours. It’s 11PM at the moment.” Liam said. Damn. I've been sleeping that long? I'm still tired though.

“Would you sleep with me? I… I’m scared.” I whispered the last part. I didn’t explain... why I was scared. I was scared of what nightmares sleep had in store for me. Especially since Niall’s in coma, I have the sick feeling they’ll be particularly violent. I didn’t want to wake up in tears next to a cold spot. Luckily, Liam didn’t question me. He simply gave me a warming smile and nodded.

“I’ll get changed.” He said and left.

I got out of bed and stripped down from the hoodie, shirt, and sweatpants Liam brought me at the hospital. I slipped back into bed and closed my eyes.

I was woken up by someone slipping into bed next to me and their arms wrapping around my bare waist, pulling me against them. I stiffened up at the tight hold and heard a faint chuckle.

Niall’s chuckle.

I yelped as I tried freeing myself from his embrace, only causing his arms to hold me more securely.

“Hannah, calm down. It’s me.” Liam’s smooth voice rung in my ears immediately putting a stop to my agitation.

He pulled me closer to him. His warm chest against my skin helped calming me down. I must have imagined Niall’s deep and evil chuckle. My head is f*cking with me.

“Go to sleep, love. I'll be here when you wake up.” He whispered in my ear softly before leaving a lingering kiss on my shoulder.

Slowly, I drifted off to sleep.

I swiped my hand under my eyes, trying to pull myself together. I whimpered lowly as my body convulsed uncontrollably due to my crying. I looked at my own reflection in the mirror. 

My eyes and face were red and puffy. I've been crying for hours. I never thought losing Niall would be so painful. Both our parent's were against us being together. Saying that we were too young and simply incompatible. That doesn't even make fucking sense.

I grabbed my phone and stared at Niall's text that he had sent an hour ago.

'Hannah, please. I need to talk to you. I miss you... -Ni'