Chapter Fifteen

The pack house is silent when we arrive. Everyone is asleep, resting for the Friday ahead of them. It's hard to believe that I've already been here a week, even though I can't remember a few days of it.

Phoenix leads me upstairs to our room and flicks the switch on the wall. I look around, my eyebrows pulled together in confusion. The bed is still exactly as we left it on Monday morning, not a single sheet out of place. I look up at Phoenix, finally noticing the dark, bruise-like circles under his eyes. Mikhail was right; he really hasn't slept.

Phoenix heads to the closet to change. I set my bag on the floor by the door and head to the bathroom, desperately needing a shower. I gasp when I see myself in the mirror. Good god, I never look good, do I?

My curls are stringy, lying limply on my shoulders. My face is sunken in, probably due to the lack of food these last three days. I look away from the mirror, trying not to depress myself too much with my appearance. The doctor was right; I've been through a lot of trauma. I'm allowed to look like shit sometimes.

I take a quick shower, just long enough to wet my hair and wash the grime from my body. I'll have a proper wash in the morning, but I'm exhausted now.

I get out of the shower and wrap a fluffy towel around myself. I pad out of the bathroom and towards the closet, humming softly to myself. I hear a sharp intake of breath and turn towards Phoenix, who is sitting on the bed.

His eyes are wide as they take in my mostly naked form. The towel is short and barely covers my butt, so my legs are on full display. I've never worn anything more revealing than a knee-length dress in front of him, so he's never seen so much of my bare skin before. I am suddenly extremely aware of how I look and I flush, pulling the towel tighter to my chest. I scurry towards the closet and close the door quickly behind me, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Holy shit. Holy shit! My wolf echoes my thoughts like an excited cheerleader. I shush her and dig through a drawer to find clothes.

Don't you shush me! Did you see the way he was looking at you? My wolf sounds excited, like we're talking about the latest gossip.

Oh my gods, shut up. I am still red with embarrassment, trying not to think about how he was looking at me. The look in his sapphire eyes is seared into me, making me shiver.

I giggle inwardly, pulling on a pair of pajama shorts. I reach for a t-shirt, but quickly pull my hand back. My hand drifts to a tank top beside it and my wolf urges me to put it on. I pull it over my head, touching the skin it leaves revealed on my chest.

God, Dahlia, if you don't jump his bones, I will. My wolf sounds ravenous, lust dripping from her words.

I scoff at her. Absolutely not.

She grumbles and sulks back to her corner. Fine. Be a prude, then.

My jaw drops and I chastise her. Not wanting to have sex after a traumatic, mental breakdown makes me a prude? Her lack of an answer is enough of an answer for me. I shake my head and touch my hot cheeks, desperately trying to cool them.

I turn to open the door, but stop, hand on the door knob. What if Phoenix expects me to complete the mating bond with him tonight? I feel a chill shoot down my spine. Panic takes over my thoughts and I lock the closet door, moving to sit on the small bench near the window.

My wolf huffs behind her walls. What's so wrong with having sex? You kinda have to do it to officially become Artem's Luna.

I know that! Fear spills through my thoughts and I picture that small, dark room again. I can feel Viktor's hands touching me and I shake my head vigorously. I sigh and lean my head against the wall, staring at the ceiling. I know that. But I'm not ready yet.