Ivy rolled her eyes. She would never say it, but she wished Trinity would move on.

As Nick listened, he smiled. "No, I think it's a great idea. Just have fun."

When he hung up, he looked at Ivy with her raised brows. "So?"

"She has a date."

"Finally!" She let out a long sigh. "I mean it might be hard for her."

Nick smiled. "You have had the patience of a saint and I love you for it. Hopefully, it will be a good thing. It's the brother of a girl in her group. I assume he'll understand about her past."

"I would hope so. Nick, I love you for standing by her. I needed more patience while you were dating her when it was obvious you shouldn't have been."

"You come first. You always will. We have built a life. Even though your dad gives me shit for us living together, our families support us."

"My dad is a hypocrite. Ben and Keira have been living together longer."

"You're his daughter. I have two sisters."

"That's why you couldn't let Trinity down. You think if she were Sophie or Abbie."

"I would be sick and sad if some asshole violated them. If it were you, I would be murderous."

She squeezed her hand. "You wouldn't. You are too gentle."

Nick wasn't so sure. He wasn't sure how the girl who played dolls with Sophie and was excited about his aunt being her kindergarten teacher had become the most important person in the world to him.

"I'm not saying now, but I think thirty is an arbitrary age."

Ivy smiled. "So you might want to get married sooner?"

"Yeah, but let's see how wild this weekend is."

Ivy laughed. "We could always elope."

"Our parents would kill us. The Point would kill us. My parents got married on the beach at my grandparents' house. It was simple with no elaborate sit down meal."

"Dancing?"

"Probably."

"I want to dance with you this weekend."

Nick smiled. "We can dance now." Preferably naked.

Ivy laughed.

As expected, friends from The Point filled the seats. They held the wedding at the inn, like so many others. Nick felt sorry for Keira's stepfather. He thought of her as a daughter, but her own father walked with her down the aisle. He was also footing the bill for the wedding.

Bryan didn't seem bothered as he held his granddaughter, Lindy. The toddler was supposed to walk with her cousin down the aisle. Nick figured it would go one of two ways. Either Seb would hold her hand and make her walk or both kids would run around possibly in the right direction. Either way, it would be entertaining.

It disappointed Ben when Kevin couldn't come for the wedding. Nick leaned over to his best friend. "How do you feel?"

"Amazing. I love her. You would know how I feel if you asked my sister."

Nick smirked. "We're happy the way things are."

They were all adults and worked through the summer. He and Ivy still went to work together. They drove instead of walked, but then they went in two different directions. At least they kept the same hours. Keira had to work nights.

The music started and Sophie walked down the aisle first, followed by Anna and then Rory. The two mothers held their breath as Seb pulled on Lindy's hand. Like a little doll, she did what she was supposed to. Half way, she noticed the petals on the white runner and stopped to pick one up and then another. After a moment, Sam, who stood beside Nick, walked down and picked her up.

Just the ease of how he scooped her up and the way she looked up at him filled Nick's heart. He wanted to be a father someday, and he hoped he would be half as good as his own father.

His thoughts quickly shifted as Ivy appeared, she wasn't the bride, but to Nick she was the most beautiful woman there. She winked at him and took her place. When the music shifted and it was Ben's turn to beam.

The ceremony was a blur, but the reception was fun. Nick wanted a party to celebrate his wedding. His father appeared. "What do you think?"

Nick smiled. "Not yet, but it will happen."

"You and Ivy are best friends. You have what it takes."

As Nick held Ivy in his arms and turned to the music. He looked at the other couples. Some were old, like Rick and Alice. Others were young like Sam and Rory. Some had lost love but found it again: Dr. Bennett, Bryan, and Jack. Others were family to Nick, Jen was his mother's best friend. They were all neighbors. His mother winked at him as she danced with his father.

He whispered to Ivy. "I want to be as happy and in love as my parents twenty years from now."

She kissed his lips. "We will be."

He pulled her tight and focused only on her.

As of now, this was my last story set on the stretch of beach in Maine. Will we see TP chatacters again? Maybe. Will I write stories set in Maine again? Hopefully.

Thanks to all of you who has been on this journey with me. I start publishing TP stories in 2018!

Thanks for all your reads, votes, and comments ❤️

What's next?

A new series set among the wealthiest, old Boston families. You have been waiting to see one wealthy Bostonian again. The first story features his best friend. Add The Kane Cross to your library and reading lists today. If you aren't already, please follow me.

 If you aren't already, please follow me