Unedited Chapter 13

Lan Wangji walked in all poise and grace as he was being ushered into another private dinner with the investors and their families desperately trying to push dating and marriage proposals onto him, which he considers fruitless. If it wasn't for his brother's request he wouldn't be here in Thailand attending this dinner in this lavish establishment that they now own.

Just then one of his secretaries Li Bowen informed him about a bike racing event happening at the Bangkok racing circuit, he asked only Li Bowen to accompany him to the circuit and lose the others. Li Bowen immediately took out his cell phone to make arrangements at the circuit.

He made sure to finish the dinner engagements quickly and slip out with Li to the race circuit. When he reached he was escorted to the VIP spectator area but he declined because he wanted to blend in with the crowd like those times when he would find Wei Ying cheering for him in the stands and on the street.

He sighed as he and Li settled among the crowd, racing was one of those things that kept him sane in these two years since Wei Ying left. The speed numbed the pain in his chest, he'd imagine Wei Ying dazzlingly smiling and waving at the end of the finish line but he was never there, he'd imagine his hands wrapped around his torso as he sped but all and everything felt ghostly. Somewhere deep within willfully he wished, he hoped that Wei Ying was living in person somewhere, that it is possible to turn back time.

He sighed, the race was about to start, it didn't matter that it was a university collaboration event, he just had to get away from those annoying men. The energy was booing, people were cheering and clapping, flashing cameras and buzzing voices. The race with a starting bang and the racer was off to a speedy start, Wangji watched with a watchful eye, noticing the laps, the timing and the racers.

Soon it was over, and Wangji headed to the parking along with Li.

"Do we need to attend the auction tomorrow Mr Li?"

"It is just for a few drinks sir, Mr Zhen was saying that there's an interesting auction tomorrow and a lot of prominent business heads will be present."

Wangji got into his car nodding at his security team signalling them to leave. and Mr Li followed behind him.

"Well I guess he wants to show off his connections."

"That's likely sir."

"Mn."

' Just one day and I can go back to my bed.'

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Phi Kin is the suit necessary?"

"Yes it is." Kinn replied. Wei Ying followed behind Kinn and Porsche, Vegas was supposed to attend the auction too but he was on a date with Pete. Kim and Porchay were babysitting Sora and Macau had a paper due. Yesterday, they had a full-on celebration party for Macau who won second in a gaming league.

"But we just got a new one last month."

"You don't like presents from me anymore?" Porsche looked back at Wei Ying and pouted.

"Phi it's not like that."

"Aii Porsche, don't tease the kid."

"Oh it's from Kinn by the way." He winked at Wei Ying.

Wei Ying smiled wide. "Thank you and wish me luck."

They had to separate so that Wei Ying can prep himself and go to the shooting range. Kinn and Porsche will watch and participate in the auction from the viewers' area. Pol handed Wei Ying his bag with his archery kit and patted his shoulder. "I wish Chay and Macau were here." Wei Ying faked a pout. It was too irresistible for Porsche not to ruffle his head. Kinn simply smiled as Porsche hugged Wei Ying. Wei Ying was wearing a lovely party mask to cover his face, he insisted on coming today and he was determined to win. But to keep him safe and as their contestant, he needed to wear a mask. He wore a golden mask with intricate gold and red design perfect around the eyes.